photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

3.21.2014

Happy Hour :: Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen my audacious announcement that I may have found the best margarita of my life. That's saying something - margaritas are hands down my favorite mixed drink, and I love love love discovering new recipes to try. We've made blood orange margaritas and sparkling margaritas and grapefruit margaritas, and now we've made a cucumber jalapeño margarita. 

I always thought that spicy drinks were somehow...weird. Until I tried one, at least. Give me a menu full of cocktails and I will almost always choose the jalapeño margarita, especially if it has cucumber in it. I absolutely love cucumber in my drinks too (especially gin drinks), so this might just be the best combination ever. Yes, it's that good.
Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita
3 slices of cucumber
Small slice of jalapeño without seeds
Dash of sugar or agave syrup
1 oz. lime juice
2 oz. jalapeño infused tequila
1 oz. of orange liqueur, such as Cointreau

To infuse tequila, just add sliced jalapeños (two to three for an entire bottle) and let it sit for a few hours, probably no more than six or so. Test it after a few hours to see how it tastes to you; obviously letting it sit longer gives it a spicier flavor. 

To make the margarita itself, cut the cucumber into small chunks and add to a glass with a small slice of jalapeño (without seeds). Muddle them together with the sugar or syrup and the lime juice. Add the tequila, orange liqueur, and ice. Shake together and strain through a fine mesh strainer over fresh ice. Serve with a cucumber slice and enjoy! 

P.S. Can anyone tell me why some of my pictures are so blurry on Blogger? It's really frustrating, and I've tried so hard to figure it out! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I'm pretty sure the hosting that they use when you upload your photos with the blogger app make them blurry. Try uploading them via tinypic or another external image hosting site and adding them in manually. That did the trick for me!

Unknown said...

Probably the reason why your pictures are coming out blurry might be because when you upload them onto blogger, the picture gets resized, so that it's smaller. You might want to try uploading to flickr.com, and then linking your pictures from there. That's what I do.

Unknown said...

This sounds absolutely delicious, Joelle! I've gotta admit that I absolutely love essentially all things spicy, but have been a bit hesitant when it comes to spicy drinks. After your rave review, I'll definitely have to try it out though. Thanks for sharing, darling!


Melanie
Lace and Combat Boots | a life + style blog

Unknown said...

Ooh! I had a spicy jalepeno margarita less than a year ago and totally fell in love! I'm right there with you, at first I thought spicy drinks were "weird"...i love the addition of cucumbers, this whole drink looks super yummy! I also heard that uploading your photos to flickr may help - I wanted to try that, sometimes I have that issue with Wordpress...so let me know how it goes!