photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

4.15.2014

A Simple Spring Table at Home

One of my very favorite things to do is style a pretty table. For my shoots (the most recent of which is on 100 Layer Cake today), I always try to put a lot of thought and personality into my tables, from the linens to the flatware to the centerpieces and china. It's so much fun to play around with different patterns and colors and textures, to create something pretty and unexpected. There are times when I just bring out whatever I have at home on hand, and create something in our little apartment. And though it's a little gloomy outside today, I thought I'd bring a little sunshine into our home. 
I think sunflowers are the perfect flower to bring home. They're fairly easy to find, very simple to arrange, and brighten up a space. Nearly everything on this table I bought from Target or Pier 1 or Homegoods, and those little bowls were an amazing find at Cost Plus for only $3 each! How wonderful is that?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the flowers.

Unknown said...

Sunflowers are my absolute most favorite flower!

Unknown said...

Those bowls are fantastic!