photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

3.20.2013

{spring patterns}

It may be the first day of spring, but it doesn't actually feel like it here. It's still a little chilly, and I didn't really have the best day. But maybe that just means I'll have to create the feeling of spring myself? For every season, I always love changing up my home a bit and bringing the season and weather inside. Winter means a lot of white and soft colors, but I'm ready to brighten things up around here. Not only does that mean bright colors, but mixing and matching bold patterns is another way to add a little something fun to our space. 

I haven't always felt comfortable mixing and matching patterns, mainly because I've just always questioned my judgment. Lately, however, I've been more confident about it, and I've always loved putting different colors together to see what works best. One of my favorite ways to match patterns and colors is to find a pattern with multiple colors in it already, and find auxiliary pieces that use only one of the colors in a different pattern.

As soon as I saw that first ikat pillow up there, I knew that I wanted to find a few other items that incorporated those colors. The patterns on the other pillow and the curtains aren't too bold, but they definitely add a little something interesting to the overall feel, don't you think?

It’s Time for Springtime.

Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions 
expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.

No comments: