photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

2.26.2013

{about wedding wednesday}


So, I am going to have to admit that I'm having a pretty tough time with Wedding Wednesdays right now. It's getting a little difficult for me to come up with original content for this series, and I'm not exactly doing the best job at maintaining the link up either. It's not necessarily a blogging issue as it is a boredom issue. I love weddings, I truly do, but when you have that expectation that you need to put out some amazing content every week, things get stressful. I know a lot of you really like Wedding Wednesdays, so I really do want to keep going with the series (I love it too!), but things are going to have to change.

I know I've done surveys in the past about this type of thing, but I really do want to know about what you want to read. I've gotten some good feedback, I just can't build posts around a lot of these questions. I think that instead, I'm going to start answering your questions for a little while. I'm also going to start wrapping my head around all of the ideas that I do have, and plan for a few really amazing posts. I truly do want to write these, they just get overwhelming is all! So please bear with me for the next few weeks, as I get some things in order.

So, for now, definitely email me or leave a comment with questions or ideas that you have! I'll probably plan for some Q&A style posts for a little while, which means that I actually do need your questions. I know that a lot of you have already given me some great ideas (and I want to promise that I'm listening). I just need some time to get a few things figured out!

As for the link up, that's still in the air...What do you think?

16 comments:

Unknown said...

such a pretty table! :)

kw Ladies in Navy

Unknown said...

You know that I love Wedding Wednesday, and while I don't link up EVERY week, I do try and I know that whether or not I link up, I like to check out what you have to say, as well as what other bloggers are posting for WW. That said, I know what you mean about coming up with a new theme or topic every week and sometimes it's a challenge, and I don't have the added pressure of hosting the link-up.

Unknown said...

I love WW - obviously :) I guess I don't really have specific questions, so I'm not the most helpful, but I do love when you talk about the planning process from the perspective of a professional - what it's like behind the scenes and working with clients and things!

Unknown said...

well I just found your blog and your wedding wednesday posts and I love them! I love finding other blogs to read of brides who just got married since I did too. And I'm obsessed with weddings now :) I just posted today and had your button ready to link up! http://www.savanahsmiles.com/2013/02/121712-trash-dress-part-1.html



But anyway, as far as posting goes, maybe feature some blogs of recently married people? Do topics like flowers, shoes, small details, etc and pull different pictures from different blogs? Just a suggestion! But I understand where you're coming from when you say it's hard to come up with original content. Doing it week after week, I'm sure that gets hard!

Unknown said...

I love Wedding Wednesday! I've met some fun bloggers through the link-up and find their advice very helpful!

Today for my post I'm asking for fellow brides-to-be and previous brides for advice on finding a photographer. Maybe if you have some tips that could spark a future post?



Thank you!

Unknown said...

I was going to link up today for the first time! ;) I had it in my planner and everything.

Unknown said...

It will most definitely be back next week! I think I was just being melodramatic ;) I hope you come back!

Unknown said...

I love Wedding Wednesday! I post every other week to link up :) Maybe on the weeks you are running low on inspiration, have already married or newly married brides post about how their wedding planning process went. I'd love to know from experienced brides if there's anything they would change or add from their experiences! I can imagine it's hard to come up with organic material to post weekly on Weddings so maybe going biweekly could help too?

Unknown said...

I would love to read more about the celebrations that go on before the actual ceremony. Engagement parties, bridal showers, and bachelor(ette) parties for all budgets would be great.

Unknown said...

I really enjoy Wedding Wednesday, since I have been planning my wedding almost a year it has been a nice way to be connected to a group doing the same thing. I'm sure it gets difficult to find something to talk about every week, and weeks come and go REALLY fast!

About two weeks ago, I could have cried because of the amount of questions I had, but it seems they must not have been so important because I forgot them all. haha We are doing the wedding all on our own (the only caterer we've hired is the person for the cake), so having to buy everything from food, utensils plates and all that stuff has been a lot of "fun." Maybe you could write about some tips for the DIYers about good places to find quality products at good prices (I bought all our plates and silverware at SAMs, but I'm not sure if I got a good deal or if it was a rip off.) A lot of big questions we've had recently revolve around HOW MUCH food we'll need to purchase for however many people come since we are providing it all ourselves. It is hard to know good quantities when you haven't had to provide food for such a large crowd before.

Unknown said...

I'll be here! :)

Unknown said...

Q&A is a great idea.

Unknown said...

I really appreciate this comment! To be honest, even I don't know how much food to buy for a wedding, and that's probably a better question for a caterer. I have considered interviewing different vendors on topics such as this, so I'll definitely write it down! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll get some of your questions answered in upcoming Wedding Wednesday posts!

Unknown said...

Those are always popular posts! Have you seen a few of the previous posts I've done on them? I'll probably revisit it in the future, but they do have some good information for now :)

Unknown said...

I've actually thought about talking about wedding planning from my own perspective as a bride (when I didn't have planning experience), or bringing in my bff who is currently planning her wedding. Thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

I'm definitely bringing in a photographer soon to talk a little bit more about the process for hiring a professional. I think there is a lot of ground to cover when it comes to hiring your vendors.