photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

2.15.2013

{five things}

So, this has been one week, if you know what I mean. There have been lots of ups, but a lot of downs as well, and I can't say that I'm sad to see it go. I really just need the weekend to recharge and reevaluate a few things. I don't have much going on, since Robert is working all weekend and I don't have any meetings (thank goodness), but I get to help Carrie (that's my best friend, if you didn't know) with some of her wedding planning and I'm sure I'm going to be reading a lot (this is what's currently on my Kindle). 
A photo from the shoot that was featured on Style Me Pretty yesterday, shot by Lavender and Twine.

As always, here are five things from my work for yours:

1 // I've always really like Joy the Baker, and she has some great blogging tips (even if you aren't a food blogger). 

2 // Red velvet waffles? Um, okay. I guess that means I need a waffle iron?

3 // Do you dream of having your wedding at a private estate? You should probably read this then. 

4 // I know it's been passed around the internets for the past week, but these modern etiquette tips for social media are a must read. 


What are you all planning for the three day weekend? Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful photo! :)

kw ladies in navy

Unknown said...

Thanks! That is one of my favorites :) Have a great weekend! xoxo

Unknown said...

I'm so confused about this three-day weekend everyone keeps talking about?? Maybe it's the part of the country I live in? Minnesota doesn't shut down for anything except Christmas Day, and only sometimes NYD and Thanksgiving, and some for Christmas Eve! Is that odd compared with the rest of the country??

Unknown said...

Haha I don't know! I thought President's Day was a national holiday? I think only some people get the day off (I probably won't since, you know, I work for myself), but I think my husband does (he's a student at a state school)? Do they really not shut down for Memorial Day or anything? Strange!

Unknown said...

I feel like President's Day USED to be a big deal, but I guess not so much anymore... I think the only institutions that really pay attention to it now are schools, banks, and the post office.

I am SO excited about that SMP feature for you guys, Joelle! I'm so proud that I can say, "I know them!!" :) It makes me even more excited for February 28.

This weekend is my birthday weekend, but I'm working through most of it! I have engagement shoots on Saturday AND Sunday, but I think they're both going to be so much fun. A big benefit of doing something I love is that I don't mind working on my birthday! On Monday, my mama is taking me to Kate Spade and/or Tory Burch (outlets, of course) for my birthday present. Woo hoo!!

Unknown said...

Ohhh! I forgot Memorial Day and Labor Day - good call! I'm at a state school, and we don't have President's Day off, I don't think? The hubs doesn't either, but he's an engineer, and I feel like they get less time off than doctors even :-/ wah wah, oh well :) Maybe you could take a half day and chalk it up to self care! :)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Emily!!!! I hope you have a wonderful, fabulous weekend and I can't wait to see what fun things you get from KS (because obviously...my favorite).


I'm really excited for our shoot too. It's going to be just amazing, because you're amazing and we're all amazing and it's going to be so amazing to get together and shoot pretty things! I can't wait :) xoxoxoxo (times a thousand since it's your birthday).

Unknown said...

Just hoping you have a good and relaxing weekend now and that next week will be better. More ups, less downs!


lyckoland.blogg.se

Unknown said...

Sometimes it's so nice to just have a laid back weekend with nothing planned, but PJ's, reading, and lots of coffee :) Loved you're feature of Style Me Pretty... absolutely stunning!


xxx
Jenna