photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

9.06.2013

{five things}

First of all, can we please talk about this picture for a moment? Emily caught both the groom and the brother of the bride at the same time when Lauren walked down the aisle. I die.

I'm still recovering and playing catch up after last week's wedding, so I'm obviously looking forward to this weekend. It's my best friend's bachelorette party, which means some much needed lady time and wine! Other than that, it's just a lot of cleaning and cooking and maybe a date night or two. 

I would normally say 'as always' but I haven't been too good with Five Things lately. So, sorry for that! Anyway, here are five things from my week to yours. 

1 // I can't help it. This post on planning a wedding made me giggle. 

2 // A GREAT post on using Pinterest for your wedding photography. I think it's safe to say that this applies to all aspects of your wedding though...(here's another one).

3 // Lisa always has great advice on blogging, so it's no surprise that this one hits the nail on the head too. 

4 // FYI, obsessed.

5 // And I know that this one is mine, but I think that it gives another insight into what that fall meant to me four years ago. Harassment is not funny guys. Ever. 

Hope you all have a happy weekend! And drink some wine. It's good for you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfectly framed photo, and some great links! Have a good weekend!

xo Becky
Seductive Mania

Unknown said...

I have to ask about the last link (just read it now)...did you ever tell him? You don't mention that in your post.

The reason I ask is because I had a friend in the other situation, i.e. he was genuinely in love with a co-worker (they were more friendly than just co-workers as well) and told her one night. After that, she (also a friend of mine) complained about how horrible and awkward and uncomfortable it was, though from my outsider perspective, nothing had actually changed, except her knowledge. After months, I finally got her to tell him, and he was blown away, completely embarrassed and stopped immediately.

Again, assuming you did tell him to stop and he was just a complete jerk.

Nonetheless, just a thought that, especially as women, we need to stand up for ourselves and confront the aggressor.

Unknown said...

I told him from the start it made me uncomfortable, but he was just the kind of guy who thought that "woman are crazy" and I had no reason to be weirded out. To him, he was the shit. And that made things kind of miserable for me. I told him regularly that I wasn't okay with it, and really the only thing I could do was get out of there. I probably didn't handle it the right way (I should have gone to HR), but I'm just glad I got out :)

Unknown said...

Thanks lady! xoxo