photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

9.23.2013

{signature style :: hair, hair everywhere}

I know you all are used to seeing me with my hair up, but I do try to wear it down every once in a while. There's just so much of it! It takes me far too long to blow dry and style on a daily basis, which is why I wear it in a bun 95% of the time. I've been growing out my hair since my wedding, three years ago, when I chopped it all off (seriously, up to my chin. and I cried). I've vowed never to do it again, which is why it's so long now. I think I'm almost at my ideal length right about now!

When I was contacted to try out a HANA professional flat iron, it didn't take me long to say yes. My cheap Revlon straightener has worked for a few years, but it just isn't cutting it anymore. It doesn't get hot enough for my hair, which is a big deal when you have this much hair to work with. When I got it in the mail from Misikko, I tried it out the next day. That's an accomplishment, for those of you who know how rarely I actually do my hair. Needless to say, my hair has been down and straight almost every day since! The time it takes for me to actually get my hair straight has been cut in half, and I've actually kept it down without washing for up to three days and my hair is still straight and smooth. 
Thanks to Anna Delores Photography for the pictures!

Earrings :: Francesca's // Shirt :: Nordstrom // Jeans :: JOES

Now I'm just trying to find the right products to use so I don't fry my hair too badly. It's actually in really good condition, since I don't style it too often, but I don't know how long that'll last. I've found a few good things in my Birchboxes recently, but they are always too expensive for me to splurge on. Anyone have recommendations for products for frizzy hair to keep it straight, smooth, and hydrated?

Thanks again to Misikko and HANA Salon for providing me with my new favorite beauty tool. If you are in the market for a new flat iron, you should definitely check out their selection of CHI straighteners. They are actually a lot less than I thought they would be! All of this has made me realize that if I'm blessed enough to have hair like mine, I might as well take advantage of it!

Though it's been implied, here's is an official disclaimer letting you all know that I was sent a flat iron in exchange for this post. Please know that all thoughts are my own, and I really do love my new straightener!

*     *     *     *     *

It's sponsor time now! I updated my advertising and sponsorship program last month, and I'm really excited to have some fabulous sponsors on the blog now. So, without further adieu, here you go!

Kate is one of the sweetest bloggers that I've had the opportunity to "meet" recently, and I just love her! Her blog, Thoroughly Modern, is a sincere breath of (much needed) fresh air, and I honestly can't get over how gorgeous this girl is. If you're looking for a genuine friend is this big, bad blog world, definitely check her out!

Next up is Salt City Bakery, one of my very favorite Etsy finds! I found Andrea last year, when I decided I wanted to start sending my clients something new and fun. The moment I tried her amazing macarons, I knew it was meant to be! Not only that, but she is so easy to work with, and offers so many yummy goodies that it's kind of hard to try just one. She ships all over the country, so you should probably email her if you're looking for a gift (even if it's just for yourself)!
Etsy Shop :: Salt City Bakery // Blog // Facebook

Thanks to both Andrea and Kate for sponsoring Something Charming this month! Are you interested in advertising? Check out my advertising opportunities, or contact me if you have any questions! I'd love to work with you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, officially jealous of your long locks!! my hair does not grow fast AT ALL. ah! it makes me so sad and then last month I decided to chop my hair off and it was horrible haha I always regret that. I've totally been in the market for a new straightener and this one sounds awesome!! your hair is so shiny & sleek!!
The products I love are definitely by Organix, you can get it at Target and it's not too hard on your wallet! I love their coconut milk spray or serum and the awapuhi ginger ones too! They all smell so good!!

Unknown said...

First, thank you for those sweet words! Made my morning :) Next, I was thinking the other day that I need a new straightener, so I might have to check this out. I cut my hair recently but it still takes FOREVER to dry and style because it is so thick and there's just so much of it. Also, I recently splurged and have been using the Moroccan oil stuff on my hair, because my stylist has always used it and I love what it does to my hair (it really makes a difference). I think it was about $30 on Amazon for two 8 oz bottles, so kind of pricey. BUT they sell the Moroccan Argan Oil stuff at Target, and when I started using that last year I noticed my hair was smoother and silkier.

Unknown said...

So pretty! My friends and I used to take turns lying on the ground and having the other flat iron our hair with a clothes iron. Kind of scary, but man it did the trick.

Unknown said...

even if you're not wearing bows in your hair, they're still there! love it :) i have that straightener and love it, too! :)

Unknown said...

you have such pretty hair! im a little jealous :) xo jillian of cornflake dreams

Unknown said...

I love how your hair looks! Must be a great flat iron. Definitely an essential for me, I straighten my hair every day. Love your bow top too!