photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

7.02.2013

{a diy museum wedding}

Way back in May (it really does feel like so long ago now) I had the wonderful opportunity to watch Whitney and Andrew marry at the gorgeous Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical when I heard that the bride was planning on DIYing almost everything (including the flowers), but the day couldn't have been more beautiful. This fun loving couple was the epitome of laid back, and truly just wanted to get married that day. There were no melt downs or emergencies, just lots of smiles. Oh, and any couple who decides that their midnight snack should be soft pretzels deserves an automatic win in my book. 
Congratulations to Whitney and Andrew, and I truly do wish you all the best in the world! 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

She (and you) did an amazing job! I love the colors!


Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Unknown said...

Aww this is so cute, love all of the bridesmaid dresses!


Kristina does the Internets

Unknown said...

I was just MOH in a wedding that was very DIY, and I had the same worries before the big day. Nevertheless, it was the most relaxed and fun weddings that I have been to in the last few years!


LOVED the personal touches!

Unknown said...

OBSESSED. So incredibly gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Thank you!!!

Unknown said...

I think maybe I've just seen too many DIY disasters, but it can be great, if done right. And the couple really does need to be laid back enough that they're okay if anything goes wrong :)