photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

5.19.2013

{monday's mantra}

Hope you all had a great weekend! I'm still stuck in bed with a nasty cold, even after five days. I haven't been this sick in a while, and I'm more than tired of it. Hopefully it goes away within the next few days, because I have work to do! And it's actually starting to feel like summer around here now, so I'd really like to go outside and enjoy the fresh air soon. I'm thinking a beach day might be in order, what do you think?

I gave a lot of thought to this week's mantra. It's no secret that I struggle with the comparison trap in this industry, and I often find myself judging and getting annoyed and frustrated at other vendors and people that I have to work with. Believe me, it's not something that I'm proud of, which is how I came up with today's mantra.
I don't need to rely on anyone else for my own success. If I just look in a straight line, and keep my eye on my true goals and values, I'll get there eventually. Working with people and networking is always a priority, of course, but I don't need to worry about what other people are doing. And I definitely don't need to worry about whether they are farther ahead of me, or doing something to sabotage their own success. What matters is that I am doing what I love, and I will continue to do what I love as long as I can. 

What's your mantra this week?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! I need to remember this.