photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

5.12.2011

My Favorite Things

One of my best blog friends, Andrea over at A Steady Stream of Chatter, tagged me in her fabulous post about her ten favorite things. If you don't know Andrea, you really should. She's pretty much the funniest person I've met in blog land so far. Don't believe me? Read this. It's my favorite {and the first post of her's that I read}.

Okay, so now that that's out of the way, here are my ten things. Oh, and she called me her most honest friend, so I'm going to be honest here. Even if it means embarassing myself, because I like to think that honesty is a good thing. Right?

1. In-N-Out

Does this one really surprise you? I'm sure you are all well aware of my infatuation with these burgers and fries {and, on occasion, their chocolate milk shakes}. If you don't know what In-N-Out is, or if you've never been, I strongly encourage a trip to California just so you can see why I love it so much. And if you don't love it so much, don't tell me. Because then we can't be friends. I mean, not really, but you still shouldn't tell me.

Oh, and if you live in Texas, they recently opened their first two stores in the Dallas area. You better get your butt over there soon. But still come to California. It's pretty awesome here.


2. Taylor Swift

Didn't you know? T. Swift and I are bff.

Ha. I wish.

I first listened to Love Story in January of 2009. How do I remember such an insignificant detail, you ask? Well, because the day after I heard the song for the first time {and subsequently downloaded and listened to it about a hundred times more}, Robert proposed.

Needless to say, I walked down the aisle to Love Story.

I own every single song that Taylow Swift has ever recorded and released. And I know all the words. I've seen her perform twice, though never at a concert: at the 2010 VMAs {Innocent} and at an impromptu performance in Hollywood {Long Live}. I'm desperately trying to get tickets to her Speak Now tour when she comes to LA. I think I might go hungry for a few weeks, just so I can afford a ticket...


3. Geek

Geek is my dog. Well, really he's my brother's dog. Who lives at my parents house. But that's beside the point.

He's a chihuahua. Or, he's supposed to be, at least. It doesn't really matter, because he's cute.


4. Robert, aka my husband

What kind of list would this be if it didn't include the obvious?


5. Twilight

And this is where is starts to get honest. And kind of embarassing.

Yes, I love Twilight. I really only love Twilight for the love story {I'm a sucker for a good romance}, and I'm team Edward, just in case you were wondering. 

I probably shouldn't say anything further on this subject, to save myself from further humiliation. I'll also refrain from searching for and posting a picture....

6. My iPhone

Call me pathetic, but I love my phone. On my list of things needed for survival, I would probably place the need for my iPhone between needing sleep and needing coffee.

I only just got this thing in October, and I'm addicted. I can't go back. If I forget my phone in the morning, I will drive home just to get it. I have to fully charge it twice a day because I use it too much.

Random fact that I doubt you knew and probably never wanted to know: my ringtone {for everyone} is Hey Stephen by number two up there.

7. Wine

I know, this list is just a wealth of information about me that you didn't know...

Don't act surprised. I know you're not.

But, in case you need me to be more specific {or in case you suddenly feel inspired to send me a bottle of wine for my birthday}:

I prefer red wine.

Actually, I prefer Cabernet Sauvignon.

Actually, my favorite Cabernet is Firestone.

How's that for specific?


8. DISNEYLAND

I grew up fifteen minutes from Disneyland. My entire family {mom, aunt, stepdad, sister, brother, husband...} all worked there {I didn't}. I've had an annual pass for three of the past five years.

I. Love. Disneyland.

I love that I can be a kid for a day, without having to worry about anything. I love the rides. I love getting my picture taken with the princesses. I love that every time to go, even if I've been a thousand times before, I find something new.

{via We Heart It}

9. My Bed

Who doesn't love their bed? Some of the best things happen in bed...

Like naps. Duh.

I love sleeping. I can, and often do, sleep for twelve hours at a time. If I could sleep that long every night, and still have enough time in my day to do everything I want to do, I so would.

I love my bed.

That's not my bed, but doesn't it look comfy? {via We Heart It}

10. This Blog

I really do love this blog. And I love all of you. You have no idea how amazing this experience has been, to be able to share with you my thoughts and my dreams and my insecurities and my writing. The support I get, the kind words and the sweet comments, is more than I ever could have asked for, and I sincerely thank all of you. Blogging is really the best kind of therapy, and I know that I wouldn't be as happy as I am without it.

So that's it, my ten favorite things. And because I was tagged in Andrea's post, I want to tag three more:

Jillian @ Cornflake Dreams
Kristen @ A Kapple a Day

And if you decide to do a favorite things post, let me know! I can't wait to see what you have to say.

Love you.

12 comments:

Jenna said...

This is such a great idea for a post!

In-N-Out, Red wine, Disneyland, twilight... it all sounds just about perfect to me :)

xoxo
Jenna
ps Jillian's going to do my blog design... so excited!

Betty said...

I love Twilight too. It is a great love story. Taylor Swift, she's awesome too! I love your favorites things list!

Anonymous said...

Yay for favorite things! And FYI, I love almost all of these...except Twilight, which I'm not even going to judge you for since you were honest enough to admit & embrace your silliness. Well done.

Oh, and I'm pretending that you wrote the Texas/California paragraph just for little ol' me, so I will definitely a. immediately try the new In-N-Out here in Dallas and b. come to Cali very soon. Doneskies. :)

PS: You walked down the aisle to Love Story? Gah, I can't even imagine how beautiful and romantic that was! I love it!!

Kristen said...

How fun!! I will do one of these next week...thanks for tagging me love :)

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

So many of these things are some of my favorite things too (In-n-Out, TSwift and my parents' dog)!

I want In-n-Out so badly right now--too bad they don't have any stores in St. Louis :(

Suze said...

OH man, In and Out is the best! Also, so is your blog. :) Fun list!

Anonymous said...

love the new layout. every time i go back home to L.A. i MUST have in-and-out burger! i miss it :( i also like Fat Burger and the last time i had it was last year, in vegas!! LOL

CarrieJo said...

ah you have so many of my favorites on your favorites! love it! :)

Sweet Green Tangerine said...

I miss in & out!! Its the best. Glad to hear they're moving east. We need some in Georgia.
And I will shamelessly stand next to you on the twilight thing. I loved it too (before pop culture fandom destroyed it)
Great post.

hizzle said...

your blog is one of my favorite things, too. <3

Anonymous said...

Such a good list! Loving your blog :) Definitely following now!

Kat xx

http://thissweetreality.blogspot.com

Married In Chicago said...

Yay! I'm just catching up with my blog reading. Thanks for tagging me :) I think my bed is one of my favorite things too!