photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

6.20.2011

Weekend Confessions

I made peach preserves yesterday, and they are kind of amazing. Like, I want to just stick a spoon in the jar and eat them all, amazing.


That's the only picture I took. 2 pounds of peaches, and I got one jar out of it...I'll probably finish it off by tomorrow too. I guess I'll have to make more soon...

* * * * *

On Saturday, the Duff family became a family of three. We still haven't really gotten over the high that came over us the moment we met her {I feel like I'm talking about a real baby or something...}.

I didn't mention this in my Saturday post {I wanted to keep that one short and sweet}, but I like to think that it was kind of fate that brought us to Olive {don't laugh at my obvious cheese-ness in that last statement}. You see, we had already been to four different places {Petco, Petsmart, etc.}, and we were on our way to one more before getting lunch. On our way, though, we passed by a hidden Petco and I made the last minute decision to turn around so we could look really quickly.

Robert picked her up from the pen. And then she put her head on his shoulder and kind of just looked at me.

Pretty sure my heart melted right then and there.



And then yesterday, it melted a little bit more.

She's already queen of the house. She has made every blanket in our little apartment her own, including the blankets on our bed. She loves to cuddle, and would rather sleep directly on top of your chest than on the blanket next to the couch. And tonight we are taking her to the Lazy Dog Cafe, so that she can meet her extended family. Even though we've only had her for two days now, she is already so well behaved that we can bring her out in public. It's pretty awesome.

Oh, and thank you so much for all the sweet words of congratulations. We truly are over the moon about this little girl, and I am so happy that you think she is as precious as we think she is.

* * * * *
 
Robert and I met three of our good friends for dinner at Woodranch on Friday night, and it was kind of delicious. Tri-tip, baby back ribs, pulled pork, macaroni and cheese, baked potato, and asparagus? Okay! Oh, and then we topped it off with apple cobbler at the end. Yum.

I made a pretty awesome dinner last night, of fettucine with homemade alfredo sauce, sauteed shrimp and salmon, and a nice big salad with olive oil vinaigrette. Double yum.

We watched four episodes of Lost this weekend, and are almost done with the second season. All I can say is...WTF?

Hope you all had an amazing weekend as well. And here's to another {hopefully quick} week!

xoxo,

14 comments:

Holly said...

Dogs are the best...she is going to make your life so much better :)

Mmm I love peach anything so the preserves sound amazingggg! Ugh, you're making me SO hungry with your dinner...salmon AND shrimp?! When can I come over??? :)

Happy Monday!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

so glad that she is doing well and already trained! luck you!

annd after reading about your pulled pork w mac n cheese im starvin! happy monday! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Carly Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carly Anne said...

We just adopted a pooch a month ago and it's amazing how it has changed our lives! Talk about a little glimpse into parenting... Congrats!

Peaches are so delish right now. I just bought a bunch... I can imagine that those preserves were incredible.

Anonymous said...

Hi from Mingle Monday!

Peach preserves... that sounds amazing! I think I'm going to try my hand at making some blackberry preserves with my tub-o-berries I got from the farmers market. What a sweet little girl! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Mingle Monday!

Peach preserves... that sounds amazing! I think I'm going to try my hand at making some blackberry preserves with my tub-o-berries I got from the farmers market. What a sweet little girl! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

sorry... didn't mean to post twice.

Sarah said...

I've never seen Lost, it seems so addicting. Haha. Looks like you had a great weekend. I need to try to make preserves.

Jackie said...

What an adorable little pooch! The preserves look deliciously decadant. YUM!

Jenna said...

Olive is making me melt... she is SO incredibly adorable!... and she already looks like she's made herself completely at home :)

xoxo
Jenna

Melissa {TheScarletCardinal} said...

Congratulations on Olive! Having a dog changed my life. They show you a whole new meaning of love and friendship. Can't wait to hear more about the pup!

Xo said...

Peach preserves sound amazing!! & The dog is soooo cute!! I love having my puppy, I would be lose without her!

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

Aww Olive is sooo cute (and I totally believe in pet-fate too: Woods was meant to be our cat!) Season 2 of LOST is definitely a roller coaster--season 3 is even better :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on your new little pup! fluffbabies are the best ever!