photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

10.12.2011

I’m a dreamer…

First of all, I wanted to say thank you so much for all your kind words from my earlier post. Announcing my new endeavor on this little blog here was the first step to actually becoming an event planner, and I am a thousand times more confident now than I was even a few hours ago. It’s all thanks to you and my friends and family that I know I can actually do this.

This is something, one of the many things, that I daydream about. Thinking about the day when I actually get to do the things that I love as a full time career is what really gets me through the toughest days now.

I’m a daydreamer. Just ask my brother.

When we were younger, we would go to our grandparents’ house on the weekend. There wasn’t much to do there, so while Anthony would watch the same movies over and over, I would sit on the patio and think.

Just think.

Think about what I wanted my life to be like. Thinking about the things I knew would never happen, but were nice to imagine anyway. My life has turned out a lot differently than how I thought back then, but that’s alright.

I have so many other things to daydream about now.

Like becoming a published author, living in my yellow house near the ocean.

Or being a mom, and snuggling with my babies.

Or owning my own event planning business, based out of a cute little cottage in Downtown Ventura.

It’s these things that I think about before I go to bed at night, when I know that all that’s waiting for me in the morning is just another day at my job. It’s these things that I think about when I go on walks when I’m actually at work, trying to remember that it won’t be like this forever.

I have so many things to look forward to in life. I have so many things that I love in my life right now. And someday, hopefully soon, I’ll love everything about my life.

But for now, I’ll just have to daydream.

tumblr_kwrjs3NiJv1qac6sjo1_500_large

{via}

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

This is so beautiful! I'm a daydreamer too and sometimes get so lost in those daydreams that it becomes difficult to put it into reality. You, my dear, are making those dreams come true and I look up to you for that. I'm so excited for you! :)

Hollie Ann said...

how exciting! congrats girl :)

Anonymous said...

This is my favourite activity - Daydreaming is part of my daily life and it helps me to realise all things won't always be the way they are right now - You show us dreams can come true!

StarletStarlet said...

Congratulations on opening your business! Day dreaming really is the first step to help us get to where we want to be in life.

I am putting together all my courage as well to start something that I love.

So let's keep on dreaming. { And of course, do something about it }