photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

11.26.2012

{christmas at home: a sneak peek}

I almost always have all of my Christmas decor up the weekend after Thanksgiving. Any other year, you would already see my Christmas tree and lots and lots of garland hanging around our little space. This year, however, I was stuck in bed with something gross all weekend and I just couldn't bring myself to bring everything up from storage. Robert is also taking his comprehensive exams this week, so our apartment is just a little bit stressed right now. 

Regardless, I was so excited when I was asked to do a little shopping at Pier 1 for my Christmas must haves this year! I did find it in me to take a quick (read: hour long trip) to the store to buy a few things to put up. I also convinced Robert to bring up one small box (of many) so I could at least hang our stockings. It's a work in progress, but I'm already loving the little touch of something new from Pier 1
Guys, I'm just not so sure about what to do about my mantle that's hung a little too high...I love the empty picture frame, but it's almost a little too empty. I saw the star at Pier 1, however, and I knew it would be perfect to hang there, at least for the holidays. Also, apparently gold is my color this season, if you haven't noticed. I saw those cute little Christmas trees, and thought they brought the perfect touch. Add a few candles, and maybe it isn't so bad after all!

Speaking of gold, I kind of had to have that pretty gold tray as soon as I saw it. I usually have a dark wood tray on my coffee table, but this adds a little something fun to the table, especially when it's wine time. For an easy and delicious appetizer to go with it, try baking some brie and adding a little cranberry sauce on top. Not only does taste delicious, but it obviously looks the part.

Also, I really didn't have any candle sticks or napkins for my holiday dining table, but I'm loving my new gold napkins (I may or may not have used them on Thanksgiving already...). They're simple, but can be used for a few different settings!

Lastly, I've never actually had anything to put on my front door. I have something for fall, but our door is usually bare the rest of the year (including Christmas time). I didn't really want anything too fancy or big, but I thought this star was really cute. I love it against our green door!
If it's interesting, if it's impressive, if it's colorful and cute and one-of-a-kind—then odds are it's probably from Pier 1 Imports®. After all, Pier 1 has been the place for unique finds for over 40 years. Our buyers travel the world's major capitals and small villages hunting for the kinds of treasures you can't find just anywhere—fresh and fragrant candles, exotic wicker, hand-painted dinnerware, gorgeous textiles and thoughtful hand crafted gifts. Find what speaks to you at Pier 1 Imports®.

Compensation was provided by Pier 1 Imports® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Pier 1 Imports®.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the gold touches, so festive!

Unknown said...

Love all of the festive additions... especially the wreath! Pier 1 is always a good idea in my book :)


xxx
Jenna

Unknown said...

maybe you could fill the frame with a board painted with blackboard paint then decorate it seasonally? your decorations are beautiful :) x

Unknown said...

I love your gold tray and that sweet star wreath! So excited Christmas season is finally here! :)

Unknown said...

Everything looks so, so pretty, Joelle! Now I have to come over and enjoy some of that baked brie you mentioned... YUM. YUM.