photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

11.06.2012

{wedding wednesday: handwriting and thank you notes}

In honor of this week's Write it Down and Link it Up party, I thought I would share a few of my favorite ways to integrate calligraphy and even your own handwriting in your wedding!

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 

If you can't hire a calligrapher to do all of your wedding envelopes, why not have someone hand letter an element for you invitations? Or why not try your own hand at fake calligraphy, or even just regular script for your place cards or a menu board? 

I'm obviously a fan of handwriting, and I think that using your own handwriting in your wedding is a great way to add a touch of personality! It doesn't matter if your writing is perfect, it's yours and it's your wedding. 

thank you notes from rifle paper co.

And of course, we can't forget about after the wedding. Here are a few facts about your thank you notes:
  • Common belief is that you have one year from your wedding to send out thank you notes. Unfortunately, this isn't really polite, and it's actually expected that you get your notes out within three months of receiving the gift. 
  • If you get a shower gift, try your best to get your note out as soon as possible, preferably before your wedding. 
  • People will know if you just cut and paste your thank you notes. Be sincere, and mention what you will do with their gift (whether it be money or an item). I have a problem with this, but there's a great post here on how to write thank you notes. 
  • Emily Post has additional thank you note etiquette and advice here
The Wedding Wednesday link up will be back next week! In the meantime, you can link up your handwriting posts here!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this. And I've never heard that you have a year to send "thank you" notes; that seems quite excessive and if I got a "thank you" a year after I'd definitely be a little insulted. Three months is a good call. And I LOVE Rifle Paper Co.! Going to link up my handwriting soon, I promise. Ironically, I haven't found a good place to photograph it. I should've just done it at your place, haha! ;)

Unknown said...

haha yay I decided to continue with the writing theme for my WW post, too! we'll be handwriting our envelopes and my fingers are tired just thinking about it....

Unknown said...

I love all of these. Great finds!!! I was sad no wedding wednesday link-up this week! I've been bad about posting but am going to get back in the groove I swear! :) Be back next Wednesday! -Nicole

Unknown said...

Love this post :)

Unknown said...

A year seems like a lot to me too! I gave myself three months, and it was a good decision. I don't know that I could wait much longer than that, or else I would feel bad.


I actually haven't gotten thank you notes from all the weddings I've been to in the past few years, and it's a little annoying...so glad my gift was appreciated, you know?

Unknown said...

It will be back this week my dear! Can't wait to have you link up with us :) xoxo