photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

4.17.2013

{the perfect wedding gift}

Last week I was asked to put together the perfect outfit for a spring wedding, and this week we're continuing with the spring wedding theme. I had a lot of fun coming up with my perfect gift for a spring wedding!
Now, I could have easily taken a few pictures of my precious Kitchenaid (her name is Scarlet), but I wanted to be more creative than that. Sticking to a registry is probably a good idea if the couple is only an acquaintance of yours; some people just prefer to get the dishes and bed sheets that they picked out! But if your best friend is getting married, and you know them well, then why not gift them an experience or tradition?
Now, a little background on this bottle of wine idea...for our honeymoon, my husband and I went wine tasting and picked up a bottle of wine to drink on our first anniversary (with our In N Out). On our second anniversary, we drank the wine, and went back to wine country to pick up another bottle for our second anniversary. You get the idea, but basically we are on our third bottle of wine this July!

There are a few different ways you can gift a bottle of wine to friends. You can tell them to start a tradition, like we did! You can give them a little note telling them to drink it on a special occasion (like after their first fight...). This isn't just limited to wine either. There are plenty of different ways you can gift an experience in an item.

Other ideas include finding out where they are spending their honeymoon and gifting them an experience there (couples massage? scuba diving? okay!), getting them private cooking classes to take together as a couple (you can include the gift card with a whisk), or buying them a picnic basket with a gift card to Trader Joe's. Whatever you decide to do, I'm always a fan of making the packaging look pretty though.

You can see what the other ladies above chose as their perfect wedding gift by visiting their blogs!

Elisabeth :: Bella
Lauren :: Style Elixer

What would you consider to be the perfect wedding gift?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That tradition is super cute!! I always just buy off of the registery but I love your idea.


Kristina does the Internets

Unknown said...

Sometimes I find non-registry gifts so tricky. My bff got married over Thanksgiving weekend (this past November) and I was a bridesmaid. I didn't get her a gift off her registry because it was a wishpot registry and I didn't understand how to access it. But I did spend 9 months knitting her a bridal shawl that was the trickiest bit of knitting I had ever done (to date) - it had 3 different lace patterns and I had to rip half of it out at one point because I made a huge mistake.

While I thought the shawl was lovely, I was very underwhelmed by her response to it. I did get a picture of her wearing it, but it felt obligatory to me. Like she didn't like it and/or appreciate it. And... I never got a thank you card either.

(I think I'm still a little bitter about it. Sorry.)

So as much as I yearn to make special gifts for people, I'm always hesitate to dump oodles of time and effort (and cash) into a gift that might not be appreciated. Of course, that didn't stop me from buying $120 worth of Peruvian wool to knit a Irish style afghan for a friend getting married in June.

Oy - I'm a gluten for punishment I guess.

But.... all that aside, I think your gift idea is clever and sweet. =)


Maggie B.
www.magslifetoday.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I just have to say that I love that you named your KitchenAid. Mine has a name too - Dora. Glad to see I'm not the only one naming kitchen appliances!

Unknown said...

I too LOVE my kitchen-aid, but I think the best gift I got were sheets! I'm realizing now that the story is a little longer than comment-sized and would make a great blog post. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Haha you're welcome! Looking forward to reading it ;)

Unknown said...

It was necessary! My KitchenAid is an integral part of this family.

Unknown said...

I think it's definitely a tricky situation. That was really sweet of you to put so much care and effort into a gift for your friend! I'm so sorry they didn't appreciate it as you thought they should. Everybody is different, I suppose, and I guess it's just easier to stick to the registry when you're unsure. Hopefully this time around it will be a better experience for you ;) xoxo

Unknown said...

I usually buy off the registry too, but if you know a couple really well, why not be a little more creative! xoxo