photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

2.20.2014

Now + Then

I don't often do these fun little posts, but I was tagged by Laicie recently and thought why not. I did just turn 27, after all, so it's kind of fun to reflect a bit on how much I've changed in the past ten years. Also, who else thinks it's CRAZY that 2004 was ten. freaking. years. ago.

I know. 

I picked 2004 because that's when I met my husband. Since we're celebrating our ten-year anniversary this year, I figured it would be interesting to see how things changed. How I've changed. 
I guess you could say that I've regressed in some ways? I mean, I do love me some One Direction (though I still listen to Incubus more often than not). And then just look at the first one, and you'll realize how little I've changed, in some ways. Looking back, I realize how much I cared about what other people thought of me, while I couldn't really care less anymore. I suppose that's just one of the awesome parts of growing up.

I don't think I'm going to tag anyone in this post, but let me know if you feel like sharing your own Now + Then post! I'd love to see it. 

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, I love Dawson's Creek! And...I must admit...I do love One Direction, too! haha

Unknown said...

Nice...!!! It's very romantic and feel free...
http://www.iwedplanner.com/

Unknown said...

Pfft, nonsense re: regressing. I think what you say about caring less about what people think of you is a huge indicator of growth, and it reflects on you enjoying things that maybe you wouldn't have allowed yourself to enjoy before.

Unknown said...

That's exactly what I was thinking! It's not that I didn't like these things when I was younger, it's just that I was trying so hard to be this type of person...not necessarily fake (because I really do love Incubus and Sublime), but not altogether forthcoming? Authentic? I don't know, whatever it is, I'm much, much happier now! xo

Unknown said...

Dawson's Creek will forever be my favorite show of all time! And I just can't help loving One Direction - they are too cute!

Unknown said...

This is such a fun post! CRAZY how 2004 was ten years ago... I will think anything in the 2000's was like three years ago, ha!

Unknown said...

aww i really love this!

and i still have a crush on LDC ha!


xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Unknown said...

Haha but who doesn't have a crush on Leo???? He's still absolutely wonderful :)

Unknown said...

It's so true! I graduated from college in 2009, and that is already FIVE years ago!

Unknown said...

Oh this is such a fun idea! It really helps us the readers get to know a little more about you!

Unknown said...

Glad you liked it Amanda! Have a great weekend! xo

Unknown said...

Awh this post really took me back - Dawson's Creek OMG Joey and Dawson forever!! 10 years ago life was so different, my outlook was different, If I could go back and give that girl a good talking to back then I definitely would have some real advice for her that's for sure!!! But I'd tell her to keep watching Dawson's Creek though ;) Oh and Friends!! Monica and Chandler!!! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Joelle,
I stumbled upon your blog and absolutely fell in love! I felt like I could relate to you in so many ways - we're in the same age range, have been with our husbands for almost the same amount of time, and I agree with so much of what you speak about in your posts. I just got married in August and wish I found your blog earlier. Although I live in the NY/CT area, I wouldn't have been able to hire you as my wedding planner, but you would have been a great resource! I just started a blog with my best friend, Amanda, and I blogged about your Happiness Hack's tonight. Love them! Thanks for sharing! I look forward to following you! Best, Dawn www.730moments.com

Unknown said...

Incubus is my heart <3 I feel like we had such similar tastes in 2004, even though I was only 15 ;) (Even though I've never watched Dawson's Creek.. I feel like that's almost blasphemy!)

Unknown said...

So great learning more about you, Joelle! I used to be OBSESSED with Incubus and I admit that the Vampire Diaries and Bones are 2 of my favorite tv shows now!

Unknown said...

I love this! I couldn't agree more on the watching - love vampire diaries and loved dawsons creek!

whatsarahknows