photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

12.27.2011

On resolutions

It’s that time of year…

I’m already starting to see posts about resolutions. They are usually split up equally between posts with New Year’s resolutions, and posts bashing New Year’s resolutions.

I personally believe in creating goals at the beginning of the new year, not because it’s a time to start over, but because it’s a time to reevaluate ourselves and our goals. Goals are healthy, and I set them throughout the year. But starting off the New Year by reaffirming my goals is something that I always like to do.

I have a lot of words I could write about New Year’s resolutions, but I think that one of my favorite quotes sums my thoughts up pretty well. So before you go writing down all of your goals and your resolutions, maybe you should think about this for a moment.

Come Alive

8 comments:

Christianna said...

Such a good quote! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jillian said...

What a great quote. I'm a big believer in setting goals throughout the year, not just in the beginning. But I think resolutions are great. It's the perfect time for a fresh start!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i love resolutions and i've already started thinking about mine too! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

m_b said...

i'm a huge fan of resolutions and love to make them. i write them out as if i've already accomplished them, it makes me feel like i actually will do them! xo, m

Anonymous said...

Well chosen quote Joelle. I did experience setting up goals thinking it would be useful to the world, only to realize it was not pleasing me and I was not realising myself through them.
I note this one to set up true resolutions, ones that are true to my heart.
Take care Joelle and one favour for the new year, continue to enchant us with your ideas!!

Carolyn said...

I completely agree! :)

Jacque said...

Love the quote! Thanks for sharing! We should all be so lucky to find the things that make us come alive!

Eliza :: Case Study said...

Love this quote! I'm having a fun time evaluating this past year and setting goals for the new year. What better time for a fresh start?? :) xoxo, eliza