photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

1.03.2012

{wedding wednesday}

I thought that for my first Wedding Wednesday post of the new year, I would show you all of my favorite weddings from the blogosphere from last year.

The one with the cotton bouquet on Style Me Pretty

I just fell in love with this bouquet when I saw it on Style Me Pretty in June. I couldn’t get over how gorgeous the colors were, and I loved the burlap and blue ribbons, not to mention the cotton buds! It’s so unique, but beautiful and feminine at the same time. You can view the original blog post here, and the entire wedding gallery here.

The one with the gorgeous dress on Brooklyn Bride

Dress

I can’t lie, I’m usually partial to ethereal frocks or princess ball gowns, but I am seriously obsessed with this modern gown. The one shoulder is just so dramatic, but is in no way overpowering. And paired with a simple birdcage veil and beautiful bouquet, this bride is absolutely stunning. You can view the original blog post here.

The one with the wedding at home on 100 Layer Cake

Weddings these days cost an average of $25,000, but it’s almost cliché to suggest that a couple use the money for a down payment on a house instead of a wedding. This couple, however, did it right. They bought the house and had the wedding. Instead of inviting every person they ever met, they only invited enough to fit inside their living room. And they didn’t drop hundreds of dollars on renting plates and tables and chairs, but bought items for their home that could be used for the wedding as well. The result? A gorgeous and intimate vintage affair, and one of the most romantic weddings I’ve ever seen. You can view the original blog post here.

The one where they got married in the woods on Style Me Pretty

Seriously? Seriously.

I don’t know that I’ve seen a more beautiful venue, even if it is raining in the pictures! And her dress! Amazing, just like the bridesmaids dresses, flower girls, and bouquets. This wedding definitely has to be one of my favorites from 2011, hands down. You can view the original blog post here, and the entire wedding gallery here.

4 comments:

Betty said...

I LOVE that bouquet...absolutely stunning!

m_b said...

now that i have a wedding of my own to plan, i have been looking at wedding posts in such a different light - these are gorgeous and are making me swoooon!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

gorgeous! i need to remember to check out my favorite wedding blogs! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

that dress is amazing...so unique.