photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

9.18.2011

So.

I have a confession. 

I did not reach my goal last week. 

And I'm not happy with myself. I feel like I let myself down. I feel like I let you all down. 

It was the first week, and maybe I was too ambitious. Actually, I know that I was too ambitious. And I got burnt out. This week, I will be a little more realistic. 

Baby steps, Joelle. I just need to remember to take baby steps. And that I can't get it all done at once. 
There was no way I could get an entire website up in one week. I am busy right now. 

Very, very busy. 

It's nobody's fault but my own. I know that. I'm the one who feels the need to entertain friends and cook dinner and bake cupcakes on a regular basis. I'm the one who decided to start {and keep up} a blog. I'm the one who wants to write a book. And I'm the one who dreams of starting her own event planning business. 

{I'm not the one who decided that I needed to work 40 hours a week to make a living...}

I want to try it again. But this week, I can't work on marketing and building a website anymore right now. Like I said, I'm burnt out. 

This week, I am going to work on making myself happy.

This week, I am going to dedicate an hour everyday to myself.

I can't tell you right now what I will be doing in that hour. I might go shopping {though I won't buy anything, don't worry Robert}. I might start a new book. I might spend an hour reading my long, long, list of blogs that I subscribe to {I rarely never get through all of the posts in a day}. I might just waste sixty minutes on Pinterest. 

Whatever I do, I'm doing because it's necessary for my sanity. And I'm really looking forward to it. 

I hope you all take some time for yourself this week. 

{via}
 
Have a beautiful week my loves. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good - baby steps are the best steps - Paris was not built in 1 day, as we say aback home!

And taking times for yourself is the basic - once your needs are fulfilled you are full of energy ready to start and make it big!

All the best with this week goals. We are all around to support you, even silently!

Take care and enjoy your week!

Stephanie said...

It's ok you didn't meet your goal! No sweat! You'll get there! Taking time for yourself is definitely needed! Enjoy it!