A few months ago, I did a post about the items that are essential in a lady’s wardrobe. Since it’s now unofficially summer, I thought I’d return to that idea and post the things I find important to own for the summer.
1. Ask anyone who knew me as a teenager, and they’d tell you that I took full advantage of the warmer weather by wearing pieces of clothing that my current prudish self would find scandalous. I think a lot of girls go through this phase, but thank goodness I’ve grown out of it. I much prefer to wear comfortable dresses in lighter fabrics, like this one from Mango, rather than short skirts that show a little too much.
2. It’s essential that we protect our skin from the sun, especially if you live near the beach like I do. Sunscreen does the trick, but why not take it a step further and look a little chicer in the process by wearing a pretty sunhat?
3. The same goes for our eyes. These Dolce and Gabana glasses are perfect for a sunny day.
4. Heels are always in, but a nice pair of wedges just evoke summertime. Don’t you think these Michael Kors wedges would look pretty with that maxi dress?
5. What would summer be without spending some time in the water? A lady’s bathing suit doesn’t need to cover everything up necessarily, but it is important that you find something flattering for your body. This is the first year that I’m actually considering getting a one piece! Thought this lovely pink two piece is also on the list…
6. Summer is also wedding season! Which is obviously a great reason to go find a new, flirty cocktail dress. I’m loving this pretty chiffon dress, aren’t you?
7. While I was in Paris for the summer a few years ago, I noticed that regardless of the weather, Parisian women had one staple: a scarf. Choosing a colorful scarf in a light fabric is a great way to accessorize an outfit, and make you feel just a little more French.
8. And lastly, a lady definitely needs a new pair of sandals to show off that summer pedicure, don’t you think?