photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

11.04.2013

{fall entertaining :: pumpkin pastry rolls}

Now, I'm not a food blogger. But every once in a while, I like to share something delicious with all of you, since cooking is a big part of my life. 

I almost hate to admit this, but I am an almost-daily watcher of the Chew (by default - I'm usually just too lazy to move from my couch or change the channel, so it just comes on after Kelly and Michael and the View and the morning news...should I be admitting to that?). 

Sorry, tangent. Back to the Chew. It isn't often that I see a crazy new recipe on TV and just have to try it, but I saw this one and knew that it needed to happen. I mean, dough, pumpkin, cream cheese, butter and sugar? Sounds good to me!
Mine were more "roll" style (they looked like modified egg rolls, to be honest), probably because of how I rolled them (duh). And while the original recipe called for a mixture of pumpkin and spice, I just used Trader Joe's Pumpkin Butter. If we're being honest here, I probably would have made a frosting with the cream cheese, rather than just stick the cream cheese directly on the dough. It could have used a bit more sweetness. 

Be warned though, these take a long time to put together. I think it took me almost forty-five minutes to roll out fifteen of these things, so just know that they aren't a quick dessert to whip up. Worth it? Absolutely.
Original recipe via Carla Hall on the Chew

4 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm these look so good! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Unknown said...

hmmm not sure if my other comment stuck :) but these look SO good. i love anything pumpkin! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Unknown said...

I have some phyllo dough in the freezer and don't know what to do with it...I guess this is my answer!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness... these look (and sound) amazing! And when I'm home on Mondays I have exactly the same tv schedule lol... I'm not sure if I should admit that either. ;)