photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

11.03.2013

{words with bloggers :: serendipity}

Well, happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a fun (and safe) Halloween, and that you're finally enjoying what feels like fall (out here, at least!). I always love the time change, since it really means shorter days and cozy nights at home. We had a great weekend; I got to attend a workshop put on by Kelly Oshiro and Flutter Magazine (and photographed by Joel Serrato!). I always love meeting talented people in this industry. It motivates me, you know? Saturday night was spent with good friends and grilled cheese sandwiches, which is always a good idea. 

I'm back today with a new edition of Words with Bloggers, inspiration provided by the sweet Michaela of Michaela Noelle Designs. I just love the word she chose, and the thought that went into it!

Name :: Michaela // Blog :: Michaela Noelle Designs

What does the word "serendipity" mean to you?
The actual meaning of this word is "the art of making happy discoveries or a pleasant surprise". Although I'm not a believer in fate or destiny, I do believe God brings together moments in life that would cause you say, "Oh, what a pleasant surprise!" just to keep you on your toes. Serendipity offers a certain amount of hope to my soul, because it reminds me that just when I think I'm in trouble, having a discouraging day, or this thing called "life" gets the best of me, I never know when my happy discovery is waiting right around the corner. God likes to surpise us like that, and I for one, am a big fan of surprises. There's a certain element of faith involved, and it reminds me that I just have to trust! I also like that the definition says "the art of…". This shows me I have to actively go about life. As an aside, this word just makes me smile when I say it. It has a great ring to it, don't you think?!
Why did you choose this word for your week?
My very favorite movie is Serendipity, with Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack. In the movie, the characters go indulge in dessert at the sweetest cafĂ©, Serendipity 3. When I visited New York a few years ago, you can bet this one #1 on my to-do list! Aside from being an extremely predictable and heart-warming chick-flick, this movie has taught me a few things. 1. Love without bounds. 2. Often times in life, it feels like you’re searching; maybe not for someone, but for something, and you just can’t seem to find it. Friend, keep pursuing your passion, because one day it will come together and you will say it was a rather lovely, serendipitous event, as it refined your heart, fueled your passion and taught you about perseverance.
I really love this word for this week. I love that it can mean something big, that all things happen for a reason. Or it can just be a sweet little thing that surprises us and keeps us going. Thank you so much Michaela for stopping by today, and I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: