photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

3.25.2011

Happy Hour

Happy Friday friends! I hope you all had a wonderful, fantastic week.

I still can't have any alcohol, though I would absolutely love a nice glass of red wine tonight. I guess I'm sticking to lemonade for now...
This past week wasn't too bad for me. My friend and I decided to start up again with our blog, and we are in the process of starting an event planning business. Event coordination and design has always been something that I've loved and wanted to get into. Neither of us want to work in a cubicle for the rest of our lives, and it would be pretty awesome to be our own bosses. Wish us luck!

My husband has been on Spring Break all week, and while I'm slightly jealous, he's been repainting our dining room table and chairs and I can't be mad at him, of course. It's been raining all week though, so we have a drop cloth in the middle of our living room. It makes leaving in the morning, when it's still dark outside {and inside} somewhat difficult. 
This weekend is going to be pretty laid back, but I do have the flea market on Sunday which I'm very excited for! I'll be sure to share with all of you anything that I find.

Here are a few things that I want to share with you from this past week. 

Changes are coming to Blogger. Eventually. Thank goodness.

One of my best blog friends is getting married and I'm so excited for her!

Favorite wedding of week. Love it.

Want something easy to make for dinner? Like really easy?

When I can drink again, I'm making this. Delicious!

*      *     *     *     *

We do happy hour all day on Fridays. Because it's five o'clock somewhere, right?

What are you drinking today?

Happy Hour is my weekly blog party, where we get to meet new friends, find new blogs to read, and destress from our week.  We're all busy ladies and sometimes we just need to get out with some friends, chat, and have a drink.

How to enter the party:
  1. Must be a follower of Love is Home to participate. If you aren't already a follower, just click that "follow" button over there to the right.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of this post and click on the link to enter. 
  3. Add your blog's information and button. 
  4. And you're done!
How to play:
  1. Write a post about anything you want to write about. Do you need to vent about a stressful week? It's okay, we all have them and that's what we're here for. Vent away. Did you have a fantastic day? We want to hear about that too. Or do you have big plans for the weekend? You know what to do...
  2. Visit two other blogs linked below and leave a comment, saying that you are from {Where We Love} Happy Hour.
  3. Come back and leave a comment below telling us who you visited and any wonderful new blogs you found.
But there are some rules...
  1. Don't post and run...that's not cool. And if you do, your link will be deleted.
  2. I thoroughly dislike "copy and paste" comments...you know, the ones that say "I'm a new follower from Happy Hour, I would love for you to follow back..." blah blah blah. Don't do it, please. I don't want to have to delete a link for doing that either. The purpose of this is to find new blog friends and support each other. We like authentic followers, ones that actually enjoy our blogs and aren't blindly following a bunch of blogs in hopes that they will gain more followers. 
And if you want, you are welcome to use one of my buttons in your post.











Much love friends,

12 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

thanks for the love :) youre too sweet. i hope you are feeling better! have fun at the flea market this weekend :) happy friday. xoxo jcd

Sarah said...

I'm starting to get addicted to this happy hour thing! :) Thanks for hosting this every Friday - not an easy feat! Have a lovely weekend, J! This time, you don't need to be waking up so early when the sky is dark - it's the weekend! xx

Becky McNeer said...

Yay! Love love love fridays AND happy hour. You're sweet to host. I'm the 3rd one on the list and could only visit cornflakes. The other link wouldn't open in my browser:( I'll try again later and I'll come back to see some more! Have a great weekend.

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

New follower and participant in the blog hop. Thanks for organizing this! :)

Amanda said...

Yay for Friday! BTW, flea markets are the best. We've found some great stuff in the past!

Thanks for hosting happy hour! I visited Cornflake Dreams (how I'm not already reading her adorable blog, I don't know...) and also Not Your Ordinary Agent, who had some wonderful tips about getting rid of scary creatures in your household.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! And what an awesome idea, to start an event planning business. Good luck =)

xox

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

:) now the fun part! i stopped by 'the beginning of everything' (LOVE her header!) and really loved her thank you's.. it was a nice way to end the week. also stopped by 'handwritten love' she answered a few questions on post-its..v fun :) we both like faith hill! thanks for hosting joelle. xoxo jcd

Raven said...

I will have a glass of wine, or two, in your honor today :)

Betty said...

I love this blog hop! Thanks for hosting it every week, Joelle! And good luck with your event planning business, I support anything involving NOT working in a cubicle the rest of your life!

Sarah said...

And I'm back! So I visited Cornflake Dreams (always such love there!), The Beginning or Everything (such great sweet reminders of life!) and It Takes Two (so full of wit & fun)!

Absolutely enjoyed the Happy Hour! :) Looking forward to the next, Joelle! Much love. xx

Married In Chicago said...

Yay for a blogger makeover! I hope they edit the comment functionality.

I visited the Beginning of Everything (so cute!) and It Takes Two (very funny!)

Thanks for hosting! I'm becoming sort of addicted to this link up :)

Michelle in a shell said...

Hi there! Just came across your blog and think it's adorable. Look forward to continue reading :)

CarrieJo said...

can't wait to see the table and chairs! :)