photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

3.28.2011

If I woke up in Paris…

Last week, one of my favorite bloggers, Aspiring Kennedy, held a guest series called “If I woke up in Paris…”

Since Paris is absolutely my favorite city in the entire world, I just had to do my own post.

If I woke up in Paris…

tumblr_l7ar6zkwz11qdnypgo1_500_thumb

I would stop for breakfast at one of the city’s many wonderful boulangeries  to get a delicious pain au chocolat…

Boulangerie
chocolate_croissant

After breakfast, I would head to the Musee de Louvre, where I’d sit and write for a few hours in my favorite hall next to some paintings by Jacques Louis David.

tumblr_lhr2ccZNOM1qa2txho1_500_large
2365681596_b789110ddf_z_large

Then I would window shop along Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré for a little while.

tumblr_lieeft2w8t1qexs09o1_500_large

I would take the metro to Montmartre

paris-oh-la-la-1-02


Where I would take my time walking up the hill, maybe stopping for une crepe au sucre along the way…

funnyface050_largeCreperie.JPG

And I would end my day with the most beautiful view of the city, from the summit of Montmartre and in the tower at Sacre Coeur…

Sacre Coeur

Maybe someday I really will find myself waking up in Paris.

Love,

14 comments:

Unknown said...

wonderful sweet post...I must say, I found myself waking up in Paris last August! We went to Europe for 3 weeks and it is still like a dream...I saw your pictures and it all came rushing back! I think for me it siill doesn't feel real, like it was a dream or something! It was a trip of a lifetime...I would love to go back but, not sure I can get hubs talked into it...(he got pickpocketed on the metro!) LOL

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

sounds pretty fantastic to me! i miss paris a LOT. h hasnt been so we want to go in a few years. i would kill for a crepe right now :) happy monday! xoxo jcd

Julie {love, julie} said...

This sounds like a dream day. I haven't been to Paris since I was a teenager and I SO So So want to go back

Jill said...

J'adore Paris!
I was there once in 2006 for 2 days and I fell in love. The best ice cream and bread I ever had. It was a rainy trip, but still such a beautiful city.

Jenna said...

These pictures are gorgeous and I also plan on living for a few months in Paris at some point and studying french :)

xoxo
Jenna

Anonymous said...

This is just wonderful. Made me feel like I was really in Paris. So lovely.

(came via aspiring kennedy's blog)

Raven said...

I was totally going to do this same thing on my blog, but after reading yours, If I work up in Paris, I would do everything that you said you would do! Gorgeous pictures!!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

i love this!!! thanks for doing it, joelle. :) if anyone else writes one, please let me know so i can link it for you!!
xo

Nicole Jeannette said...

I love it! Good call!

Married In Chicago said...

Wah! I love Paris. Must get back there sooner rather than later! What a beautiful post.

*M* said...

I love this idea! It sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Oh, to wake up in Paris... sigh... ! Sounds perfect! I found you via Aspiring Kennedy... I'm now following you! xo

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

This is so what I would do in Paris if given the chance and is eerily similar to a day I did have in Paris a few years ago--now I want to go back :)

beka said...

sigh.
so beautiful and dreamy....it's breathtaking!!