photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

3.29.2011

A little note to my readers...

Forgive me if I'm being cheesy or ridiculous or annoying in this post, but I feel the need to let you all on a little secret.

You see, I've been feeling slightly...frustrated isn't necessarily the right word...overwhelmed{?} by all of the wonderful and sweet comments that you all leave for me.

I guess this something that all bloggers need to figure out at some point in their blogging lives, but just how am I supposed to interact with all of you? I try, believe me, I try, to respond to each and every comment that you leave me, but not everyone has an email address attached to their blogging profile. I've left my own comments on the post in response to some of the things that you've written, but I'm not really sure if anyone follows up with their comments. I know that I usually don't go back to a post that I've commented on, just to see if someone has responded to what I've said.

That being said, connecting your email address to your account is really one of the only ways that I respond to comments. And if you've left me a comment and never heard from me again, it probably means that you haven't attached your email to your profile. If you do, I promise I'll respond!

Sometimes, if I have a chance, I will visit your blog and leave a comment in response, but that doesn't always work out either...

I suppose this post is coming about after realizing how some bloggers don't interact with their readers at all. How do you do that?! Honestly, I try very hard to show my appreciation for all of you. Whether or not you actually realize the sincerity of that appreciation is inconsequential at this point, because I've realized that I notice it a lot more when bloggers don't show their appreciation. If I've never gotten any type of response from anything that I've commented on, or if I never see any "I love my followers, you are all wonderful!" comments in the post itself, it truly makes me question their intent behind blogging in the first place {and makes me wonder how on earth they have so many followers...they obviously don't appreciate them!}.

So that's another silly little post for today. But really, if you want to talk to me {because, you know, I am a real person...}, attach that email address to your blogging profile! It's easy and I'm sure that all of my fellow bloggers will appreciate it as well.

That's all.

Love you. Truly, I do.

13 comments:

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Aww Joelle - you are so sweet! I love how sincere you are, it is so refreshing in the blogging world.
Thanks for having such a wonderful blog!!! It's a joy to follow.
www.SproutThroughConcrete.com

Jenna said...

I know - it's so horrible to click reply and then see non-reply@blogger in the address line!

Weirdly enough, I just tried to reply to one of your comments and I got the non-reply - maybe it's just a glitch in blogger, but just double check because I love responding to your thoughtful comments :)

xoxo
Jenna

Nicole said...

I love your little blog! That's all!

Lindsay said...

Ahhh it drives me bananas when I can't respond to a comment!! I love responding to my followers, or even if it's someone just popping in. I've received many sweet comments where I can't even show my appreciation to the writer :( Bums me out!

P.S. Love how you put "I am a real person" :)

Unknown said...

The more followers one has I suppose it will be hard to follow up with them...right now I am able to reply to them as long as they leave an email!! You have one lovely blog and I love coming here and visiting!

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Thank you for saying that--I just double checked and I don't have my email address in my profile! I appreciate the heads up, and thank you for the followers love :)

Betty said...

Thanks for the reminder to update my profile! I finally got my blog dedicated email and I forgot to add it to my profile!

Thanks for the wonderful blogging you do, it always makes my day to read your posts!

Heather said...

I struggle with this also - there are soooo many awesome bloggers and soooo much I want to say to them all. But there simply aren't enough hours in the day!!!

kelsie tribble said...

Visiting from Mingle Monday! I absolutely adore your blog and can't wait to keep reading!

www.kelsiefennell.blogspot.com

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

You are so sweet! Someone just recently told me that I had a no-reply email and that made me sad! I had no idea because if I did I would have changed it sooner! And I totally feel you, I hate when I go to reply to someone's comment and they don't have a return email.

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

Joelle, please teach me how to reply to the comments???? I am terrible at this and would love to interact more! x

beka said...

i wish everyone knew about this! i actually have a button on my sidebar with two different links explaining the situation and how to remedy it.

Julie {love, julie} said...

I am so glad you posted this! I always get so frustrated when I can't reply to comments I love. I try to go to their site and leave a comment on their blog but its not the same as actually responding. I wish more people would do this!