photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

4.20.2012

{happy hour: alivia from brunch in april}

So excited to feature another great blogger today for Happy Hour, Alivia from Brunch in April. Hope you love her as much as I do!

Alivia

Drinking

{via}

Tell us

Well, I take a lot of photos.

{Of food, apparently}

Ah, well, really, my blog is a bit of a mess. But it's my mess, you know? It's my virtual journal, memory box, inspiration board....the list goes on. I wish that I could find a more eloquent answer for this question, but after years of blogging, I still struggle with it!

My blog is a garden, I suppose. A place to nurture (and prune when necessary), a place to share my flowery moments and also come clean about the dirt in my life. I don't keep a journal and I don't believe in a day going by without writing-- some kind of writing--so I keep a blog. It's good for my soul.

Plus I needed a place to showcase the greatest dog ever, Lunabelle.

Dream job

I am a dance teacher, and right now it is my dream job. I majored in Dance in college and after dancing in New York for a few months, I moved to Boston to become a teacher. I drive an insane amount 3-4 times a week, but it's worth it to me in the end. I'd rather do that than be stuck in a job I don't love. In the future I'd love to open my own performing arts business and move to the country where I can start a farm. So many big goals in my future!!

$1,000Ah, the real-life answer is: Pay my credit card/taxes (hello, self employment). I would *want* to spend it on a plane ticket...perhaps to New Zealand or Switzerland or somewhere I have yet to visit :)

In the world

This is tough. Since I kind of spoiled the surprise with my last answer, I'm going to approach this from a different angle. If I could be anywhere, I'd be in the future.  On my back porch, looking out over the farm and pastures. Rocking a baby to sleep with a big dog at my feet. That's where I would go if I could go anywhere.

Favorite Blogs

This might be the hardest to answer! I follow so many talented people-- I could never narrow it down to a short list. However, my *most recent* favorites are Reading My Tea Leaves, Haylcon, Yeah!, and Kelly Button.

Thanks Alivia

You should definitely go check out Alivia’s blog! And I hope you have a beautiful weekend my loves!

5 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I love these Happy Hour posts, they are a really great way to learn about new blogs. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

You had me at the egg photo! Off to check her blog out :)

Alivia said...

Thank you so much, Joelle- this made my month! :)

Kate said...

That drink is making me thirsty! Off to check out her blog :)

m_b said...

as an ex ballerina i get a little chill every time i see a dance class. she's so cute! definitely going to check out her blog. have a great weekend joelle! p.s. so the ukelele got you in the end? haha! so sweet!