photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

8.27.2012

{thus is the life of a blogger}

Some things people who don’t blog just don’t understand…

…why we laugh if they ask if we’ve heard of Pinterest.

…why we are so. tired. of. mason jars. and ombre. and chevron. {see above}

…why we say we’d rather get rid of Facebook than Twitter.

…why we call other bloggers our “friends” if we’ve never met in real life.

…why we get so passionate about crediting images and posts like this.

…why we take pictures of every meal we eat.

…why we’d pay so much for a blogging conference.

…why we get so excited when one of our favorite bloggers (Naomi!) tweets back at us.

…macarons, dogs in bow ties, and our obsession with Anthropologie.

Or, at least, these are some of the things that the people in my life don’t understand…

Thus is the Life of a Blogger

Did I miss anything?

19 comments:

Brittany Messner said...

Ahhh hahaha, I love this Joelle! Gave me a good laugh before bedtime, thank you :)

xx -b.

Et tu, tutu? said...

Hahaha, I love this post. It's so true! Thanks for the laugh. :)

-Lindsey
http://ettu-tutu.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is perfect. I love it.

xoxo Amber
myobviousobsession.blogspot.com

kate xx said...

Haha love it! xx

Jenna said...

Haha so true! I love it!

xxx
Jenna

Natalie said...

Haha! ...why we get so excited when someone asks us to guest blog...and no, it's not paid. ;) Classic post.

Unknown said...

Love it. You read my mind =)

Kate said...

OH THANK YOU I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is tired of seeing mason jars!

Syndal said...

Love it. SO true!

Ley said...

Yesterday.

My mom: "Ohmygosh I found this site you would LOVE, it's a time sink but I'm addicted"

Me: "...is it called Pinterest?"

Mom: "Yes! Have you been on it?"

Me: *face palm* "Mom...I sent you the invite to that site six months ago."

Mom: "Oh...well don't be a hipster about it."

Thus is my life.

Kristyn @ Carolina Fireflies said...

I think you've got it! I absolutely love it! Althought, I could never tire of mason jars :)

Jay said...

You are right - this did bring a smile to my face!

Unknown said...

hahahaha. Love this!

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

This is so true! I recorded a vlog for tomorrow that talks about how blogging has changed me. I'm going to include a link to this post afterward! This is so funny!

Lexi said...

I absolutely love this post! And I have my husband speaking the blogger lingo - it's hilarious. Btw, are you going to AltSummit in SLC? I am!

Unknown said...

I'm not going to Alt :( not this year, at least! Maybe next time!

xoxo,
Joelle

jacin {lovely little details} said...

i have to disagree with one little point. long live the mason jar and every guy and gal who wants to infuse it in to her big day :)

Sydney said...

this is amazing!!! I laughed, I cried, it was better than cats!
Seriously, so great!

Unknown said...

Absolutely LOVE this post. Will def be linking to it this week!!!