photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

8.14.2013

{what i'm reading v. 7}

It's been over two months since my last What I'm Reading post, and I'm slightly horrified. Confession time...I've read only two books since then! What is wrong with me? I'm behind now, which makes me sad. It is the middle of wedding season, so I suppose I have a good excuse, but I really need to get back on this. 
I've been waiting patiently for both of these books to come out, and let me tell you, they did NOT disappoint. If you haven't read Hopeless yet, you really have to. Losing Hope is told from Holder's perspective, which makes the story that much more intense. The Callie and Kayden series is also dark, in that popular way that new adult fiction is these days, but I really enjoyed it. Honestly, I preferred the first book, but this was definitely a good way to close out their story. 
I've heard some really great things about this book. I actually saw it and picked it up from the library recently, so hopefully I will read it in the next few days. I'm always looking for new books to read though, so let me know what you recommend in the comments!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

i have a long list of books i want to read, but i haven't had the chance to really sit down with a good book. the last book i read was seriously, i'm kidding. next on my list is mindy kaling's book. :)


<3, Mimi

Unknown said...

I always love seeing what you are reading! I'm currently on a 8 book reading binge, and I'm hoping to read some of these great books you've recommended!

Unknown said...

I'm currently speeding through the Mortal Instruments series. It's young adult fiction, but I am still finding the books captivating.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, 8 books?! You have to let me know what they are so I can check them out!

Unknown said...

I read the Mortal Instruments a few months ago - so good! Have you started the Infernal Devices yet? Those are on my list too :)

Unknown said...

I haven't picked up Mindy Kaling's book yet either! It should probably be on my list by the end of the year too. I've heard such great things about it!

Unknown said...

added Uglies to my list! sounds awesome!

Unknown said...

Have you read Losing It and Faking It by Cora Carmack! They are NA and amazing! I gave both of them 4 stars on my book blog!

Unknown said...

I'm planning to read those after I finish the Mortal Instrumenst! I mean, a magical adventure set against the backdrop of Victorian England?!? Sounds right up my alley.

Unknown said...

I'm totally not a fan of The Office, but I LOVED Mindy's book. It was so good! Joelle, you have to check it out.

Unknown said...

Too funny! I just found your blog by chance because we have the same name and that's pretty rare!