photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

8.11.2013

{words with bloggers :: bloom}

Happy Monday everyone! I am SO excited for Monday this week (crazy, I know), because I have a ton of new ideas and projects and content that I get to start sharing with you. I've taken the last week to brainstorm and come up with a new direction for this blog, and here it it. I want it to be a real place, one that inspires and connects with all of you. There will be a combination of inspired quotes, life hacks, style posts, entertaining tips, etiquette advice, plus a lot more. What makes it real, however, is that this is me.  What you see is what you get, and I've been wanting to put my own spin on what Something Charming means to me. 

The first change is going to be with Monday's Mantra. Don't worry, you'll still get your weekly dose of inspiration here, but it's going to be a little bit different. I've decided to start asking my favorite bloggers what their Word for the Week is, and to share a quote that exemplifies that word. 

The first Words with Bloggers post comes from a dear friend of mine, and a blogger that I look up to so much!

Name: Annelise

Blog: Aunie Sauce

What does "Bloom" mean to you?
To bloom is to become a beautiful soul. It is taking something that was hidden from the world, and opening it up for all to see. Whether that's you breaking out of your comfort zone, encouraging or inspiring someone with your journey, or making a difference in the life of someone around you, when you bloom—you become a light to the world.
Why did you choose this word?
We can't always control where we end up or what's happening in our lives. Sometimes we underestimate our potential & beauty. And sometimes we just have "one of those days." But no matter what—if we make the decision to BLOOM—we can change everything, and you never know how many people you'll reach along the way.
You guys, I am so excited for this series, and I think that Aunie really nailed it with the first word of the week. I truly believe that your happiness depends on your mindset, and that we can make the right decisions to keep ourselves happy. Circumstances are one thing; it really is all about how you deal with those circumstances that make the difference.

What's your word for the week?

17 comments:

Unknown said...

love the new look!! the logo is amazing!

Unknown said...

Love her word and the reasoning behind it... it's the perfect boost for a Monday :) Also digging the new design!


xxx
Jenna

Unknown said...

Love! :)

To keep blooming...

Unknown said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Jenna... the reason behind it is HUGE for me! So glad you liked it!

Unknown said...

Thanks Katie :) Isn't it beautiful when we just let go and BLOOM? :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Mary :) It's honored to be featured here with Joelle & her friends!

Unknown said...

JOELLE, thank you so much for this feature! I am constantly amazed and inspired by you. Right now, YOU are blooming!! It's a beautiful thing to witness :) Thank you again! ♥

Unknown said...

is it my computer or is your blog lettering faint? I had to highlight everything to be able to read it.

Unknown said...

I don't think it's the lettering :/ I haven't gotten a complaint about it before...sorry!

Unknown said...

You are so welcome lady! Thank YOU!

Unknown said...

Thanks Mary! So glad you like it :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Katie :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenna! Hope you have a great week :) xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks Lauren!!!! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Love this change to the series and LOVE the new look! It really suits and is gorgeous!!


Re: the faint lettering, it's possible (depending on the resolution of your screen) that the grey lettering can appear much lighter (and smaller) than it does on yours (or mine). Even in two separate browsers on the same computer, one is harder to read than the other! A pt up and a shade darker would go a long way for people with a different viewing experience or poor eyesight!



end technical talk. Ha. Thanks for sharing this post! <3

Unknown said...

I love this. Thanks so much for sharing, it brightened my day.

XO,

Catherine

FEST