photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

8.25.2013

{words with bloggers :: gumption}

I'm happy to report back to you that Taylor Swift was just as amazing as I knew she would be. I know she isn't everyone's cup of tea, but you have to admit that the girl has some serious spunk. She puts on an incredible show, full of glitter and confetti and fireworks and ballet dancers. It's a full on production, and I have a feeling that even the most cynical critics would have enjoyed themselves. And while I seriously love every minute of the show, one of my favorite parts was when she played Mean. I have to listen to that song every once in a while, to remind myself that even the biggest of stars have their moments. I guess you could say that Taylor Swift has some serious...gumption. 

Name :: Lexi // Blog :: Glitter Inc.

What does the word "gumption" mean to you?
In truth, I fell in love with this word after watching "The Holiday" (for possibly the hundredth time). Gumption is taking initiative; it's having courage, spunk, guts.
Why did you choose this word for your week?
Not that I think it's a bad thing, but I've always tended toward being the shy, soft-spoken one. I'm determined - but on the inside. After a few years as a lawyer, and a few years as a blogger, I've had to train myself to have a bit more gumption - to stick up for what I want and to really go for it. In the next few weeks I'll be launching my brand new site, Glitter, Inc. and I'm headed to New York Fashion Week just after that to work with a brand I absolutely adore. I have to muster up all of my courage to talk to strangers and to promote my business these next few weeks. (Wish me luck!) 
Good luck Lexi! I know you're going to be just amazing at Fashion Week! What an incredible opportunity; one that you definitely deserve!

Be sure to keep an eye out for the launch of Lexi's new site soon, Glitter Inc.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this word and I LOVE the Holiday! One of my absolute favorite movies... I could it watch over and over again. I always tear up which she walks him down the aisle at the awards ceremony... so sweet :)

Unknown said...

EEE!!! I'm SO like this, too--the quiet, shy one who has to SERIOUSLY learn how to stick up for what I want. I'm making "gumption" my word. Is itt okay if I borrow it? haha. Happy Monday!

Unknown said...

Hi Anna! I love that you're making it your word! It helps to remind yourself that you can be tough too. :)

Unknown said...

Ahh, me too! Such a great movie!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for having me!!

Unknown said...

Of course! Thank you so much for sharing your word :) And good luck with the launch! xoxo

Unknown said...

That's exactly how I am too. I was shy and quiet for the majority of my life, but I've learned that sometimes you just have to take a chance!

Unknown said...

I love that movie too! I have to watch it every year :)

Unknown said...

Love everything about this -- and especially that quote!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lacie! Hope you have a fabulous week! xoxo