photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

6.05.2013

{what i'm reading v.6}

It's that time of the month everyone! I actually had to keep myself from posting this a few weeks ago, because I've found not just one book that I love, but two new series that I just can't get enough of. I've now read 28 books toward my goal of 52 for the year, which puts me at 11% ahead of schedule!
1 // I've actually had the Selection on my iPad for at least six months now, but I don't even think I tried to get into it. I'm such a sucker for summaries, and for some reason, this one didn't suck me in. Lisa tweeted at me recently (she's my favorite person to chat with on Twitter about books - we have such similar taste!) and asked if I've read it yet. I decided to try it out and I just couldn't. put. it. down. It's been a while since I've found a series that pulls me in this much, Divergent was probably the last. I just...oh goodness. If you liked the Hunger Games, Divergent, and Matched, you have to read the Selection. I would say it's kind of a combination of all three. I'm so sad that I have to wait almost an entire year before the last one comes out!

2 // I read a lot of books, and it is always hit and miss for me. Sometimes I can't even explain why I love a book so much, and sometimes I will put a book down within the first paragraph. The Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout fits into that first category. I won't lie, I wasn't expecting to love this series as much as I did, but I could not put this one down either! I read the two books in the Selection series and the three books in the Lux series within a week of each other, which is crazy! I would compare this one to Twilight, but with better and much more relatable characters. I really liked the writing, which is much more in line with the way that teenagers speak these days. There's one more (at least, I think) coming, and I just can't wait for that either!

3 // If you liked Fifty Shades of Grey, I would definitely recommend the Bared to You series by Sylvia Day. I has a very similar plot to Fifty Shades of Grey, but that didn't bother me much. It's a guilty read; most definitely both erotic and entertaining at the same time. Entwined with You is the last book in the series (I think) and I've been waiting for it for a while!

What are you reading? And what do you recommend I read next?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've seen the selection, but I was super hesitant to pick it up! But now you've got me convinced! I'm on 30 books of 60 for this year! :D

Unknown said...

These are totally my favorite posts of yours right now! I'm completely addicted to the Mortal Instruments books right now. I've read one a week for the last 3 weeks! The Selection will have to be next on my list. I just cannot get enough of these teeny bopper dystopian books.

Unknown said...

I just finished The Selection and I am waiting til my debut-a-thon to read The Elite but I LOVE the first one. It was alot like hunger games and matched. I was surprised by how much I like it.
I am going to try to read a few of those books that you meantioned and see if I like them. Thanks.