photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

2.22.2012

{day in the life}

Saw this recently and thought it was fun. Not that anybody is, but if you’re interested, here is a glimpse into a day in the life of me.


I try to wake up at 5:30, but it usually doesn’t happen. When I documented my day on 2/21/2012, I did actually get up at 5:45. I was pretty proud of myself. And when I wake up early, I usually have the energy and motivation to actually dress myself in something semi-cute.

If I want to be at work by 7:30, I have to leave my apartment by 6:50. I was actually on time! That doesn’t happen often either…This was my first day back at work after my birthday, so I got into the office to see my desk decorated in pink and purple streamers and balloons! My coworkers know me well.

I always try to get out of the office and go on walks in the morning and afternoon. We have a pretty decent view, though I do walk through the parking lot. 11:30 is lunch time, but I didn’t really want to take a picture of my leftover Macaroni Grill birthday dinner. Mainly because I didn’t remember to take a picture until I was almost done…it was delicious though!

In the afternoon, I finally got around to eating the rest of the chocolates that my husband gave me for Valentine’s Day. My favorite was the Grand Marnier truffle. I’m allowed to eat that at work, right? I try to get on the road by 4:00 so that I don’t miss traffic, and if I’m lucky I’m home by 5:00.

If Robert is home late, like he usually is this quarter, I’ll eat my dinner while sitting at the desk and blogging or working on my business. Dinner this night was tomato soup, cheese, and flatbread. Gourmet, right? And if I’m lucky, I’ll have enough time to watch TV afterward. Glee was on, so it was necessary.

Husband gets home usually by 9:30, and we get to spend a little time together before it’s time for bed at 10:30. He kisses me goodnight, and then goes to work on stuff until he goes to bed, typically around 2:00 a.m. {no idea how he does that…}.

*     *     *     *     *

I hope this wasn’t too terribly boring for you! I always like to see how other people live, and it was fun documenting my day. You should do it soon too!

16 comments:

Christianna said...

This was cool! I have a feeling that people would laugh at a day in my life! It's always so chaotic! Lol. And good for you waking up so early!

Liesl said...

I simply LOVE this post and how you put it all together!!! Love your heart iPhone background too! :)

Lauren Alyse said...

This is cute, I like your day. Mine's crammed with lots of college-y stuff, but I may have to try this sometime soon. :)

Lauren Alyse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{All Things Jolie} said...

5:45am!!! I would be late quite a bit too! I love this, its so cool to see how other people spend their days. And no worries for me tomato soup, cheese, and flatbread is a gourmet dinner :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

this is fun! i wake up around 630, blog for an hour in the am, leave for work at 830, get to work around 9...work til 530 or 6 and then h usually makes dinner :) its amazing how fast my mornings fly! that's my favorite part of the day! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Unpublished Life said...

Oh my goodness! Power to you for waking up at 5:45am! I stumble out of bed at 7:30 and am out the door by 7:50am ... by this you can tell the general state of my dress is not great. Luckily my company doesn't expect me to be one of those pretty PA's ... I wear jeans and sneakers mainly.

Thanks for sharing. This is really interesting!:)

http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.com

Jenny N said...

Thanks for sharing! Your outfit was very cute :)

Amanda said...

Sounds pretty standard to me! I liked hearing about your day though. Maybe I'll do this once M and I are more settled into a routine.

Lauren Drugan said...

Thanks for sharing a day in your life! I definitely think I will do this sometime soon :)

Moon said...

It's not boring at all, it's nice!

Eliza :: Case Study said...

This is so cool! I love reading about what people do everyday :) I'm definitely going to borrow this idea for a post soon! xoxo, eliza

Bri Buzali said...

I love this post, it's really cute! And wow, I'm amazed that you get up at 5:45, I wish I had that self motivation, I'm lucky to make it up by 7!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Love this :) I've done this before, and really enjoyed it. How did you put it together? Photoshop?

Candice said...

This is such a cool idea! I doubt my day would be as interesting, or a s prettily put together as this post though!!

Anonymous said...

I love it, your photos are great Joelle!
You seem to have a busy day dear.....5.45, something I tend to achieve! It would be a better day if I could be at work earlier.
It's nice to be able to imagine your life a bit!
stay well