photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

2.27.2012

{monday’s mantra}

{via}

So, it’s a long mantra, but it was perfect for this week. Absolutely, 100%, perfect. Something that I needed to hear, however difficult it was. Because it’s true.

I’m just starting out. Most of us are. And we can’t compare ourselves to anyone else other than ourselves. Because there is nobody else out there like us. We are unique. Our style, however influenced by outside forces, is unique to us. And we are perfect and beautiful in our own ways.

This reminded me of this post that I read by Becka  a few weeks ago. And it reminded me not to give up.

However down I feel sometimes, I intend to fight my way through. It might take a while, but I will fight for what I want. I refuse to accept the fact that I’m destined to live someone else’s life. I’m too special for that. We’re all too special for that. And I hope you know that too.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! :) It's comical because I have it scheduled as my Quote of the Week for next week, and then I saw it on your blog today and was taken back. It's an amazing quote and absolutely something I think everyone could benefit from! :)

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

That's so funny! I posted this on my Moday Mantra too! Such a great little pep talk for us bloggers! I really like that we can all support each other!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Couldn't agree more!

Amanda said...

This is exactly what I needed to hear too. I saw this quote on Jenni's blog the other day, and it didn't really sink in until I re-read it again just now. Being in a creative field is definitely more difficult than being in any other field. Our creativity means the world to us, and when it gets rejected, it hurts. A lot. But you're right--we can't give up. I don't intend to ever give up! And I'm glad you're not either, because you have some amazing talent!

Kate said...

I LOVE this! Thank you for posting this, I needed it today!

Christianna said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I'd clap, but I don't think that you would hear me...

Anonymous said...

This post is exactly what I needed to read today! I recently made some changes with my blog and my vision, and i have to admit it's been hard some days as I've put myself even more so at the beginning than i was before.. I really feel as if I'll never get my dreams out there, but this has really encouraged me. Everyone has to start somewhere, it's true.