photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

2.12.2012

{monday’s mantra}

{via}

This weekend was a great one. My wedding went amazingly smooth, and I really have no complaints or regrets about the day. But this weekend was also so busy that I feel completely behind now. I’m one of those people that really only functions with a clean home, and Sundays are usually my cleaning day. My Sunday was taken, and I’ve barely had enough time to breathe, let alone clean. I blogged for another project I’m working on, so I didn’t have enough time to do my normal {weekend links}. I cooked, but not anything of serious quality. I’m not going to lie, it’s hard right now. I work so much during the week, blog at nights, take care of my home, and try to build my business. I feel overwhelmed right now, but I know all I need is to get organized. I need to figure out a system that works for me. I need to learn better time management.

But more than that, I need to breathe; to realize that all of this won’t be perfect overnight. I’m on my way to getting what I want, and Lord knows I’m working hard enough. I just need to take time to realize that eventually I’ll get there. If I just keep doing what I’m doing now, I’ll get there. I’m not going in circles. I’m honestly, physically and figuratively, working toward something beautiful and wonderful.

All I need to do now, is just breathe.

8 comments:

Christianna said...

So glad that everything is working out for you. Yes, it sounds like things are pretty crazy right now, but once you get used to it, it will all be so easy and totally worth it!

I think we all go through moments like this. I know sometimes I do. So thanks so much for reminding me to breathe, and don't forget to do so yourself friend!

siddathornton said...

hang in there, girl! you'll get the hang of it.

so glad to hear your wedding went well :)

Liesl said...

So glad your wedding was all you dreamed and more...so exciting!!! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures, but until then, enjoy every moment and yes, just breath! :)

Liesl :)

Anonymous said...

Realizing that everything can't be done overnight is the first step.

If you look back at when you started, you will see all you achieved till now. A lot. So take your time, relax, breathe and all will be fine.

Have a lovely week Joelle! Take care

Unpublished Life said...

Congratulations on the wedding - glad it went well.

It sounds like you are sowing the seeds and will very soon be reaping the benefits. All the hard work will pay off I am sure ...

Keep breathing!

http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.com/

Jenna said...

I needed this mantra today - I also feel like my life is starting to spiral out of control with busyness, but I don't want to give anything I'm doing up! There must be a way to fit everything in :/

And you, I don't know how you manage to fulfill all the roles you have on your plate now so well! When you said you would do my blog design I was so excited, but also felt bad because I know you have so many things going on - glad to know that you're also human and struggling!

Happy Monday lady!

xxx
Jenna

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

yess just breathe! congrats on the wedding! that's great news and i am glad everything went smoothly. dont worry about everything else, you'll figure out a routine eventually to make everything work. happy monday! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

good to remind ourselves- inhale, exhale! it's just the basics :)