photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

9.21.2012

{five things: serious style}

For the past few weeks, my Five Things posts have been lighthearted and fall related. Today I wanted to do something a little different.

Note that I’m not posting these to be controversial. I found these five links over the past few weeks and I thought they were interesting enough to share. I’d love to start a dialogue here on Something Charming, but I won’t tolerate mean or negative comments. You’ve been warned.

Before we get started, have a laugh.

{via}

And now, onto five serious things…

1. Josh Weed is Mormon. and married. and gay.

2. I’m very grateful I’m not poor, but this post still makes me feel.

3. If infertility treatments are controversial, what about uterus transplants?

4. I have no problem admitting that I have a big problem with Chris Brown. and now he does this.

5. This makes me think about what it means to be a woman in 2012. It makes me think a lot.

*     *     *     *     *

See, that wasn’t so painful, was it? I’m pretty opinionated about things in “real” life, and I just wanted to share some of the things that I have an opinion on without sharing my opinion {though if you guess/know what my opinions on these things are, I won’t apologize}. A few other things, before the weekend begins.

Did you see me over on Jess’s blog?! I’m SO excited to be sharing some of my life intentions with you this week!

Also, having trouble commenting on blogs that use Disqus? Then you’re probably using Internet Explorer, and there’s a solution for that. You should need to disable compatibility view, which you can see how to do here. I really like Disqus so far too, and I’ll be posting my thoughts soon. What do you all think?

Happy weekend everyone!

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

I read Josh Weed's coming out post a few months ago, and it is such a good read. So well written! I'll check out the other links now! Thanks, Joelle!

Ley said...

I shared "Being Poor" and Josh's story on Facebook, because wow. Tears on a Friday morning.

Courtney said...

I just read through the whole "being poor" post. Reminds me of so many stories my dad's family tells.

Brittany Dawn said...

I just want to say, I LOVE your layout and design!

Unknown said...

thanks for posting these! i read josh's blog last night and wow!! i'm not sure how i feel about it yet, but one thing is, he is a brave soul. i can't imagine that a truly loving God would want josh to suppress the way he was born, but it's good food for thought! going to check out the other links!

Unknown said...

This comment made me love you even more than I already did :) I agree completely with you on this one...definitely something to think about...

Unknown said...

wow, some really thought-provoking links. thanks for posting them. the being poor post was heart-breaking.

Unknown said...

You're welcome Lindsay! It sounds like a lot of people have been reading Josh's blog for a while, but I definitely thought it was one to share ;)
xoxo,
Joelle

Unknown said...

Aren't they amazing? Thanks for sharing them, they are definitely thought provoking!

xoxo,
Joelle

Unknown said...

I've followed Josh's blog for a few years and although he's sparked some controversy lately, I don't think anyone has the right to judge. He's living a life that suits him and his wife and his kids. What difference does it makes to anyone else? None. To those who argue that he shouldn't be allowed to have his own therapy practice: Go somewhere else.

And that "being poor" post... So sad. I may have to share on my blog soon, as I've been down on the dumps about being poor lately myself. Thank you for putting things into perspective.

Unknown said...

I didn't know that people suggested her not have his own practice. the entire story is really interesting, and I agree that it's not our place to judge. I just felt the need to share it is all :)