photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

10.01.2013

{wedding wednesday :: trust your vendors}

Sorry for the disappearance of Wedding Wednesday last week; something came up, and I basically fell off the face of the planet for a few days. I'm happy to say that Wedding Wednesday is back up and running with a really important topic that we really need to talk about. 

I wrote about this topic on Every Last Detail this week, but I wanted to talk about it over here as well. 2013 wedding season is nearly over for me (only two weddings left!), and I've learned a lot this year. I learn something new at all my weddings, for sure, but something I've realized is how essential it is that you trust your wedding vendors. We are here for a reason, and that reason is to help you! We know what we're doing, and we want to help you plan the wedding of your dreams. If you are too busy worrying about the small details that should left up to your vendors, then you aren't going to be enjoying your day, or the planning, as much as you should. You can read more of my thoughts on this subject on Every Last Detail!

So, tell me. How did you know that you could trust your vendors when you met them? Or were you one of those who struggled giving up control? How did you overcome that when your wedding day finally arrived?

Now it's your turn! Link up your Wedding Wednesday posts below! 

The rules for Wedding Wednesday are simple: All posts must be recent (within a month) and wedding related. You can post about your favorite current wedding trends, photos from your wedding, your wedding planning experience, etc. That's it! 

Obviously I would love it if you would visit the other blogs that are linked up, and I would SO appreciate it if you would link back to Something Charming in your post or use my button. Happy Wedding Wednesday everyone!
Something Charming

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Having our wedding at a lodge didn't leave a whole lot of vendors to have to trust...I think we only hired a photographer, baker for wedding cakes, and rented out the lodge. I trusted all of them to do a great job! The only problems we had was the venue lost my deposit check and could never remember which lodge we had rented...so that was super frustrating, but luckily they weren't in charge of doing anything the day of our wedding and so everything worked out!

I was kind of a control freak about every other aspect of our wedding...so I guess you can say I trusted myself too. haha

Unknown said...

It's funny you should mention trusting your vendors. Because I was kind of the "anti-freakout" bride planning my wedding from 3000 miles away from my venue, I had to put a LOT of trust in my vendors (the few I had, we were so fortunate to have mainly friends and family do a lot of the things at our wedding). Our caterer told us from day one that she would set the tables, put out my centerpieces and the other table stuff. About an hour before the wedding (I didn't know about this until days after, because I had the BEST GROOM EVER) they realized that the tables were still not set. Tom asked the caterer if they needed help and she snapped back at him saying that we were expected to set the tables- so 11th hour, my mom, Tom and the groomsmen were setting tables instead of taking photos because we couldn't trust our vendor!

Unknown said...

On our wedding day, I didn't care much about the little details (there were more important things to think about ;)) so I was fine trusting the vendors and left them to do their job. I shouldn't have, though - at least for some of the vendors (especially our photographer). We were so disappointed with our photos once we got them back. So many were blurry, grainy, overexposed, etc. and this is all from an "experienced" photographer. They were completely different than those on her website.