photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

10.06.2013

{words with bloggers :: begin}

Happy Monday friends! It feels like it's going to be a good week, doesn't it? There's just something in the air today that makes me think everything is going to be good this week. I mean, my best friend is getting married on Saturday, so that's definitely something for me to look forward to! I made really good pumpkin cranberry scones (from a box), so there's another plus to my week. And my house is clean! Here's to looking on the bright side of things right now, even if some of them are just the little things. 

I'm excited to be bringing you another edition of Words with Bloggers today, featuring one of my favorite bloggers and someone that I've been following for quite a while now. Her words are definitely inspiring this week, and I'm sure you'll love her quote too. 

Name :: Megan // Blog :: Freckled Italian

What does the word "begin" mean to you?
It's a reminder to get started. As a writer, I often struggle with square one, as though the first sentence owns the rest of my work. Sometimes you have to lower your standards and edit later--just get some words down and go from there.
Why did you choose this word for your week?
I quit my job to move to Minneapolis and live with my fiancé. I decided that I would take this next year to grow my small business and write regularly, which has always been a dream of mine. But after taking so much time away from true, inspired creativity, I've found that it takes a lot of work to get back into it. Maurice Sendak has always been an inspiration to me, and from now on, I'm hoping to be more aggressive about the time I spend moving back and forth between where I am and where I want to be.
Megan is a perfect example of the creativity and drive that inspires me so much in the blogging community. I mean, dedicating a year of your life to writing? And I know that she's an amazing writer too. It does take a lot to just begin, to start back up where you left off, but I always say that if you have the passion, the talent will follow. You just have to try!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for having me! This series is so fun!

Unknown said...

Great words today, @meganflynn! I often agonizing over starting blog posts because I need it all to be perfect--the topic, the title, the first sentence. etc. Thanks for the Monday morning motivation!

Unknown said...

Ditto Kate! I always have trouble just getting it out too. Starting can be the hardest part :)

Unknown said...

SO inspiring, I love this word and everything behind it!

Unknown said...

So much opportunities and inspiration in "beginnings". Beautiful! Great word, Megan!