photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

10.23.2013

{what i'm reading v.8}

I haven't had a What I'm Reading post in a while because, well...I haven't been reading. Before last week, I hadn't even picked up my iPad since the summer. Things have just been too busy, so obviously I'm excited to start back up toward my reading goal for the year. 

As soon as I found out that Allegiant was out on Monday night, I had to buy it right away. Let me tell you, I almost wish I didn't. 
The Divergent trilogy is actually one of my favorite series in the past few years. Dare I say it? I actually may have liked them better than the Hunger Games. But then the last book came out and I found myself crying at eleven o'clock in bed, all by myself. Like, ugly face crying. For those of you who've read it, you know why. I might write more about it when more have read it, I just don't want to give anything away. I'm honestly really disappointed, and it doesn't sound like I'm the only one. 

I think we should probably form a support group.

Up next? Under the Never Sky. Here's to hoping it isn't as...heart wrenching as the end of Allegiant was. I need a new heroine, and love story, to invest myself in completely now.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for reminding me, I totally forgot this was out now! I feel like I might need to go back and read the second one again to refresh my memory. This series is great and I would agree it's usually a toss up for me between Divergent and the Hunger Games!

Unknown said...

Oh I didn't know that this was out yet! Thanks for posting about it. It's such a fantastic series and I'm really excited for the movie next spring. Don't know about the casting of Four though, but you never know right!

Unknown said...

o no! i really want to know what happens... i just finished the first book (and i will say i like it more than hunger games) --- but i need to read the other to asap. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Unknown said...

oh no I kind of want to read it but not if it is going to make me do the ugly cry. :)

Unknown said...

I preordered Allegiant, but I haven't gotten a chance to start it yet (hopefully tonight will be the night!). All this talk about it has gotten me worried though. Guess I'll have to get started so I can see for myself!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to start this book!

Unknown said...

I was so looking forward to this one, and then when yesterday everyone sent up the alarm, so I didn't bother. Sounds like that was the right decision?
And btw...I'm from Thousand Oaks! How fun to find another Ventura County person :)

Unknown said...

My roommate has been organizing publicity for Veronica Roth for this book! She has great taste and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Unknown said...

I have yet to read the second let alone the third book in the series. I need to catch up.

Unknown said...

LOVE Under the Never Sky! You will too :)

Unknown said...

Have you read it yet? You'll have to let me know what you think!

Unknown said...

Oh, I think Theo James is pretty delicious, if I do say so myself...we'll see how he actually does as Four though...

Unknown said...

If you've already read the first two, I'm warning you...you may want to skip this one...

Unknown said...

Have you had a chance to read it yet? I'm two weeks out, and still can't really wrap my mind around it...

Unknown said...

I don't blame you! I almost wish I'd waited to see what people think so I could have saved myself the heartache...

Unknown said...

Has she really, that's awesome! Such a talented young author!

Unknown said...

I'm about halfway through, and I really am enjoying it! I'm not reading it as fast as I've read other books, but it's kind of nice to take my time.

Unknown said...

The second isn't nearly as good as the first...so you may be fine just leaving it at that ;)