photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

10.20.2013

{words with bloggers :: onward}

One of my favorite parts about the blogging community is how we all just seem to...get each other. Life isn't an easy thing, but it's almost better knowing that there are so many other people out there experiencing their own hardships and triumphs, you know? We definitely are not in this crazy thing called life alone, and I think that's why a lot of us blog. It gives us a way to connect with each other.

That's probably why I love this girl's blog so much. Her life seems glamorous, but she's so down to earth at the same time. I've been reading Aspiring Kennedy for years now, so obviously I had to ask her to come share her word this week.

Name :: Lauren // Blog :: Aspiring Kennedy

What does the word "onward" mean to you?
People always say that I have the dream job. I agree. I get to direct study abroad programs for American students in the UK & France, and it's as amazing as it sounds. However, one thing that most people don't realize is that it's a 24/7 job while they are here. With having a baby, a husband, a blog & a full-time job, it's can often feel overwhelming to look at my calendar. It's so full each & every day in efforts to keep all aspects of our life moving… and to cram in the necessary catch up with friends & family. So each day, I wake up and look at my calendar with fresh eyes. I read it like a script. I start with the first thing and keep moving until the day is done. Always moving forward. 
Whether I'm with my students and exploring or simply trying to get groceries, right now I'm in a period of constant "go." I thrive in it. I love to see where we will be at the end of each step, and gosh dang it- it feels good to use your mind & body up. Don't get me wrong though, once the semester is over, the only word I'll have on my mind is SLEEP.
Happy Monday friends.

No comments: