photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

3.07.2012

{home sweet home: the bedroom}

Robert and I have lived in our apartment for almost two years now, and a lot has happened in that time. It’s our first home, and always will be, but it’s time for us to move on. Mainly because I need a washer and dryer.

We don’t live in a bad area, but we don’t live in a nice apartment. We live near the train tracks, our pipes are so loud they wake us up in the middle of the night, and a little balcony for our baby girl would be nice. So, we’ve officially begun the search for a new home.

We’re looking for another two bedroom, since it’s pretty silly for a student and business owner to live in a one bedroom. Gas stove would be nice, and something in a better neighborhood. We’ve narrowed down our choices, and now we’re just waiting for something to open up.

Until something does become available, however, you best believe that I will be decorating our new space in my mind. Because while I love my home now, there’s so much more I want to do.

So, let’s start with the bedroom.

{via}

While I do love color in my home, I also love the tranquility that comes with soft colors in the bedroom. This picture above is perfect for what I’m looking for.

bedroom

I love white furniture, and lucky us, we already have a white bed. But I still love the matching bed and dresser from Ethan Allen that I’ve chosen above. There’s something so sophisticated and non-fussy about white furniture. It’s easy to decorate with, and neutral enough that you won’t get tired of it easily.

Another great thing about white furniture: you can pair it with almost any other color! Which is why I love the blue Cindy Crawford nightstand to go next to the bed. It adds a soft touch of color, without being too overwhelming or matchy-matchy. And to go on top? A glass lamp, of course. I know that the clear lamps are a bit trendy these days, but I just love the style. I think they really are classic and beautiful.

And what nighttime oasis would be complete without some soft curtains, like these from Anthropologie, yummy candles, something for the wall, or a pretty vase? Looks like the perfect room for me!

Do you decorate a space before you get there, like I do? Or do you like to move in first?

And what’s your bedroom style?

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I LOVE that lamp and wall mirror! I'm also hoping to create a white-themed master bedroom someday. There's something so calming about them :)

xxx
Jenna

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Joelle! Love your ideas. It's right with white you can create everything you like, you can keep it fresh with pale colours or more exotic with stronger colours. Where we live homes come all furnished so it's not easy to set up your own style, one day maybe!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i love your dream bedroom! i cannoooot wait to get new curtains for our bedrooms- right now we have those gross pannel blinds. AND we still need a new bed frame (i've been patiently waiting for the one i want at west elm to go on sale...) good luck with your home search! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

k8te said...

oooh love the inspiration!! teal is my favorite - i MUST HAVE that nightstand (or two).

Anna (Minted Photography) said...

What a beautiful dream bedroom! :) This is mine right now: http://www.anewfoundtreasure.com/2012/03/facelift-feature.html