photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

3.20.2012

{wedding wednesday}

Happy Wedding Wednesday friends! This week’s post is dedicated to all things Spring, since yesterday was the first day of the season, of course. I don’t mind winter so much {probably because we don’t have much of a winter here}, but I do love Spring. There is just something about the flowers and the bright evenings and the cold mornings that make me so…happy.

Spring is a perfect time for a wedding, too. You can finally let your bridesmaids wear those strapless dresses without them freezing to death, and you can even have an outdoor wedding {if you’re brave enough}. But my favorite part about Spring weddings are the colors…

LavenderYellowPink

{all images can be found here}

I’ve never been a big fan of lavender, since I'm not eight years old, but lately I’ve been finding myself swooning over the color. Pastels are perfect for Spring. They evoke a feeling of sweetness and lightness, two traits of the season. And though pink is acceptable year round, there is just something about Spring that makes it the perfect color.

What are your favorite wedding colors for the season?

And now it’s your turn! Link up your own Wedding Wednesday posts below!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm loving the lavender in this post too, I think it's my fave of the three :) When I get married I have no idea what color combo I want, or really anything else for that matter, ha! I probably need to get on that :)

xxx
Jenna

Jenny said...

I've always loved lavender and am so happy to see it coming back!
I think it goes so well with so many other colors and gives you a lot of options for color scheme.
Also, shades of lavender that have a lot of blue in them tend to be colors that look good on most people, something to consider when picking out bridesmaids dresses!
Happy Wedding Wednesday!

Sarah said...

Such great colors for spring!
I like that they are soft and not so in-your-face as the change from winter to spring can often call for.

ashley nicole catherine said...

you know, i haven't been a fan of lavender either, but i'm warming to it. my eye goes immediately to the pink of course ;)

xo

Alexa said...

Oh love the hints of lavender...so beautiful.