photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

3.05.2012

{vacation time}

I am just so excited, and this week cannot go by fast enough. I’ve been saying since January that I wanted March to get here, and it finally is! Not only did I have my photoshoot yesterday, but in exactly ten days, husband and I will be taking a desperately needed vacation! Robert has a conference in the windy city, and we’re using it as an excuse to get out of town for a few days, especially since he only really has to be at the conference for one day.

I know it will still be cold in Chicago while we’re there, but it’s also going to be St. Patrick’s Day! Los Angeles doesn’t do much to celebrate the holiday, so it will be fun to do things a bit differently. Our hotel is even only a few blocks from the Chicago river, so you best believe that I’ll be seeing it green that day!

As women, we all know what the hardest thing about going on vacation is. It isn’t booking a hotel, or planning the things to do. Of course, it’s the clothes. And of course, I already have an idea of what I’m bringing.

Chicago Vacation

{1} I already have a date planned for the night we get in, at the Signature Room, which is on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building. I’ll be bringing a dress similar to this one from Top Shop, that I can layer with some wool tights since it’s bound to be too cold for this California girl.

{2} I’ve been known to carry around a purse big enough to be checked as luggage, so I should probably downsize if we’re going to be walking around all day. This over-the-shoulder satchel by Kate Spade would be perfect to carry some cash and my camera!

{3} I have three of these exact sweaters from Target that I will be bringing with me, and I will probably be wearing them three days in a row. They are just so comfortable and cute! I should have gotten more when I had the chance…

{4} Like I said, we’re going to be in town for St. Patrick’s Day, so I obviously need to bring something green to wear! I’m in love with these green skinny jeans from Top Shop. They’d pair perfectly with either those boots or the flats I’ve chosen to bring with me!

{5} We’ll be doing a lot of walking while we’re there, so I need some comfortable flats to bring with me. These walking shoes from Cole Haan for Maria Sharipova were my first choice, but the price tag was just a little too high to justify. So, I settled for these Puma flats instead.

{6} Obviously, a coat is a must for Chicago in March, and this sweet silhouette from ModCloth would be perfect! I’m only hoping that my “winter” coats {by California standards} are warm enough…

{7} The flats are cute, but I’m definitely going to need a pair of boots as well. I’ve heard that the weather can be a bit unpredictable at this time, and I don’t want to be caught without sensible shoes for the rain or snow. These black UGGS would suit me just fine.

{8} And lastly, a scarf. Scarves, however, are my favorite accessory, and I’ve been known to wear them even in the eighty degree Spring weather we have here. So, I can’t lie, I’ll probably be bringing four different scarves: one for each day we’re there!

{dress, bag, sweater, jeans, shoes, coat, boots, scarf}

What do you all think? Am I missing anything?

And do you have any suggestions for what we need to do while we’re there?

7 comments:

Cathy said...

As someone who lives in Chicago, I think you have everything covered! I also love scarves, so having options is perfect. Your "winter" coat will probably be fine as along as you have layers. And you'll be plenty warm if you're walking around a bunch.

By the way, did you mention on FB that you might be coming to the Business in the City? If so, I'll see you there!

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

I love this! You chose a perfect color palette for Chicago, I love the plum and black together (and the green jeans are adorable!) My husband and I ate dinner at the Signature Room last time we were in Chicago and it was awesome--the views of the city are incredible! :)

Stephanie said...

Enjoy the Windy City! You'll have a great time there for St. Patrick's Day. I would suggest Lou Malnati's pizza (deep dish), the Bongo Room (in Wicker Park) for breakfast, and shopping on Milwaukee/Damen/North ave in Bucktown/Wicker Park and Armitage/Halsted in Lincoln Park.

Anonymous said...

Love the purple and black paired together!!

Jenna said...

You guys are going to have a blast! Chicago is an incredible city :)

Love the green and purple color scheme of your outfits! The only other thing I might add to your packing list is a hat or beanie - Chicago can be freezing this time of year!

xxx
Jenna

Christianna said...

Sounds like soooo much fun! I love your outfit pieces! Those pants are amazing!

Kate said...

You guys will have so much fun! I love everything on this board- the colors are so cute and I'm especially loving that coat!