photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

3.13.2012

{wedding wednesday}

Hi friends! Are you excited for Wedding Wednesday today? I hope so, because I have the fabulous and amazing Tamra from Ever Swoon here to share with you her Wedding Wednesday picks! Enjoy.

Happy Wedding Wednesday, Charming Occasion friends!  I’m Tamra of Studio Swoon, a blog by ever swoon.   You may have heard about my boutique wedding/event planning and styling company, ever swoon, a few weeks ago when Joelle so kindly wrote a post on the day we launched!
 
 
Joelle and I became immediate blogging friends when we realized we both were starting our own event planning companies!  We may be on either sides of the country, but I’m so lucky to have someone to share this journey with!!  Joelle is such a doll and amazing support; so I was more than happy spend the day with Charming Occasion readers when she asked! 
 
I take pride in bringing out the personality and “story” of my clients through intimate details.   One of my favorite places to infuse a token of the client is around the Bride’s bouquet.  My sister and I both wrapped our Grandmother’s handkerchiefs around our bouquets and it was as though she was with us walking down the aisle.  Recently florists and brides are taking this small detail of the bouquet wrap and elevating it to the next design level.  Here are a few of my favorites!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Monogramed handkerchiefs double as a gift and bouquet wrap!
 
I'm not exactly a fan of this particular tie, but I do love the idea of using a tie as a bouquet wrap. 
 
Accent your bouquet with something personal that has your story or shows your personality.  Gone are the days of the solid satin wrap.  Perhaps use a seersucker wrap that would match your groom's tie, or maybe sew a piece of your mom's dress onto some fabric to wrap around.  The possibilities are endless,  have fun with this delicate detail you will hold onto as you walk down the aisle.
 
Big thank you to Joelle for having me over to share my new detail obsessions today!!  Follow my sparkling shoes to Studio Swoon for all things swoon worthy.  If you are interested in my event planing and styling services please visit ever swoon.  I am based out of Manhattan, but also offer virtual consulting services and would love to help you swoon!
 

*all photos via pinterest
 
Thank you Tamra, for agreeing to post today for Wedding Wednesday. And now it’s your turn, lovely readers! Link up your own posts below, and don’t forget to visit Tamra over at Ever Swoon!
 

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I love these ideas! I think that this is an area that people often neglect to think about when trying to add personality to their wedding. My favorite idea that I've seen is using a piece of your mom or grandmother's dress to wrap the bouquet. A great way to incorporate "something old".

Anonymous said...

All those pictures look so pretty:)

Lauren Drugan said...

Gorgeous ideas! My mom has a bit of leftover fabric from her dress that I'm considering making into a garter, and using the leftover as the bouquet wrap :) Thanks for sharing, Tamra!

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

I love any sort of fabric wrap for bouquets, but for our wedding we aren't doing any bouquets. I still may do something similar to that burlap on our table vases, though.