photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

1.16.2011

Day 1: Your Relationship

The day was March 21, 2004. He was fifteen and she was seventeen.

How crazy it is to look back and think how much that night changed everything.

It was a church youth group activity night. We were spending the night at the church {it was her church, he was a guest by a mutual friend}, doing the typical church youth group activities {i.e. bowling and midnight pancakes and coordinated pillow fights...}. Both wanted to to beat up said mutual friend with the pillows, and that's where the love began.

In seven years, we've been through so many ups and downs that it's hard to remember. We've been on vacations and gone to dances and survived a semi-long distance relationship. We supported each other when our grandmothers passed and when relationships with parents were strained. We've loved each other through all of it.

We have a strong relationship and I think the reason why is a very simple one: communication. We pretty much talk about everything. We don't let things build up; we are each others' best friends; our confidants. There is nothing that I would be able to tell someone else that I wouldn't be able to tell my husband, and it's worked pretty well for us so far. That isn't to say that we don't have other friends, we absolutely do. It's more to say that we know that we can trust each other more than we can trust anyone else. And {so far} neither one of us has done anything to jeopardize that trust. In seven years of a relationship, that's saying quite a bit.

At the risk of sounding super cheesy, I love my husband more than I think I even realize sometimes. He is the best man that I know. He is the smartest and funniest and sweetest...and he puts up with me. And there aren't many people that I know that can put up with me.

 
 

And so sweetheart, this post is for you. I love you.

Love,

10 comments:

Megan said...

SO sweet...how lucky are we to have men that put up with us? I mean really.

beka said...

awww, that's darling.
you guys are so cute together, and i love to see couples that you can tell are best friends!

CarrieJo said...

so lovely! i know what you mean when you get an overwhelming feeling of how much you love your husband...sometimes i get that in the most random of times!

thanks for being open and honest on your blog...i appreciate it as well as i am sure others do!

Jamie Rubeis said...

That is such a sweet post and great pictures! Your 30 day blog challenge sounds fun!

Sonya Marie said...

what an adorable post!!! what a fun 30 day challenge!!!! I'm tempted!

Anonymous said...

Hello Fellow Lady Blogger,
What a very sweet post. Your wedding pictures are beautiful!

Thanks for visiting my place this weekend. :-)

SaucyB

Carol E Wyer said...

What a lovely, lovely post. I am posting about our wedding anniversary on Wednesday 19th so it was especially nice to read this today. We've been together for what feels like a hundred years (but is only 23) I wish you both many more years of happiness.
Your blog is so cheerful I have signed up to be your latest follower having found you on Meg's Mingle.
Please feel free to drop by and maybe follow me if you fancy a laugh or a glimpse into the future!
Warmest wishes
Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

what a cute post! i didnt realize you two have been together for so long :) and i totally agree communication is key. my boyfriend h is really good about talking things out after we have a fight (i am usually the emotional one who huffs away). xoxo jcd

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from Mingle Monday! Such a cute story, and such a cute couple you two are! Thanks for sharing the story!

Anonymous said...

This was so sweet, Joelle. I may have even teared up a little bit (what can I say? I'm a total sucker for love).