photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

1.11.2011

I Need Your Help...

Since my husband and I moved into our little apartment in April, I've had trouble figuring out what to do with this wall:


We put our Christmas tree there, but now it's rather bare. To give some perspective, this is the other side of the room:


{I apologize if our living room is a bit untidy. And I apologize for the low-quality pictures. I'm hoping to get a camera for my birthday, but now I'm stuck with using my iPhone...}

Anyway, I'm wondering if I should put up a bench or get another chair/table. I don't want the room to be too cluttered, but this wall is really driving me crazy. In the top picture, our TV is to the right, on top of a large white dresser. And then there's that nasty outlet right in the center of the wall...

Does anybody have any good suggestions of what I might be able to do with the wall? I would really appreciate any help I can get!

Don't forget to enter in my giveaway! Oh, and I've decided to open up my Twitter for all of you to follow. My name is MissJoelleee :)

Thank you so much for your help!

Love, 

9 comments:

Meg O @watchmegorun said...

Hi, new follower. I found you on 20sb when you posted on the quote discussion. I'm a quote a holic, so I'm excited to read the ones you post. As far as the room, maybe a small table. It looks like you have flowers on the floor and a mirror, so a small little side table with the flowers on it with the mirror above?

Http://justrunmego.blogspot.com

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i really love a wall of frames-- different sizes and shapes. you can put travel, art or personal photos inside. good luck decorating! xoxo jcd

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

wall of frames, a book shelf? I am sure it will be lovely!

Sarah said...

I'm big fan of mirrors, especially big ones...maybe a bench or table with a huge mirror over it? sidenote, I love that coat rack next to the clock!

Alisha said...

I know a few designers say to never make the TV a focal point, but you could slide the TV to the left a bit and center it on the wall. Find a great accent piece (wall art, cute end table, or tall floor lamp) to place in the corner where the TV once sat..

LOVE the coat rack next to the door!

Unknown said...

I like the idea of sliding the TV over...I do have a floor lamp next to the couch that always gets in the way. I could put it next to the TV. Maybe I'll try that tonight.

Thanks all for the ideas!

beka said...

Hmmm. Rearrange the furniture? :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

maybe something like this:: http://happenstanceca.blogspot.com/2011/01/project-frame-wall.html

kate said...

Hmm.. good question. I would move that piece of furniture you have by the door, over that empty space in the wall. That way your entry way will be a little more open, and you could put a table/mirror or bench/coat hook combo in that little entry way space. Good luck!