photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

1.10.2011

Happy Monday!


I’m feeling strangely…good about today. It’s Monday. When do I ever like Mondays? Usually I’m downing coffee like there’s no tomorrow, and yet my cup is slowly starting to cool on the desk next to me…

Anyway, not only is today a good day {so far}, I’m also feeling optimistic about this week. I just thought I would share what’s on the agenda {only if you are interested, of course}.
  • I have been wanting to re-watch the Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian so that I can go see the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. My attempts at doing so haven’t exactly been painstaking {read: nonexistent}, so I was delightfully surprised when it just happened to be on TV last night. I’ve already informed my husband that we are going on a date tomorrow night.
  • My best friend and I have been trying to find a group of girlfriends to spend time with, and we went to brunch yesterday with a small group of girls. They were very sweet and have already planned another outing on Wednesday night to a local wine bar. Carrie can’t go, but I’ve already RSVP’d and I’m excited to start making friends!
  • Last night I made corn chowder and it turned out wonderfully. I think this week I might attempt this delicious recipe for Grown-Up Mac and Cheese {who doesn’t love mac and cheese, really?}.
  • I’m excited to do my very first giveaway some time this week. I’ve already decided what it’s going to be, and so I can’t wait to open it up for all of you! Keep a lookout…it might come as early as this afternoon.  
Well, that’s all for right now. I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday as well.


Mingle 240

Much love,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finding new girlfriends as an adult is so. hard. I've been trying to work on this, too, and your success is further motivation for me!

I'm also a firm believer that one can never have enough mac and cheese; glad to see I'm not the only one! That recipe looks delicious.

highheeledlife said...

Hi there visiting from Meg's Mingle Mondays... You have a wonderful corner of blogland... I'm your newest follower... Your post is great... I too am entering a new chapter of life and making "new" friends as an adult is much more challenging....thanks for the inspiration that it can be done... xo HHL

attitudeIVlife.blogspot.com

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

love mac and cheese! keep us updated on how it goes! xoxo jcd

a life of color said...

Joelle,

I just wanted to pop by and say thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I can't wait to to see what your first giveaway will be...it may inspire me with mine ;) Also, I can't wait to read the Audrey post you have below...I love her!

Michaela said...

Hello! I'm visiting from Mingle Monday! What a lovely blog you have! I love your little Monday quote too. It makes Mondays seem so much brighter!

Michaela
http://chasingtheextraordinary.blogspot.com/

Ashalee said...

You know, this Monday really didn't suck, and you are the third person I read about that thought the same thing! Yay Monday!

Adrian {Happy girl} said...

Such a positive outlook on a Monday! Please post about your grown up mac and cheese once you make it, I LOVE a good mac and cheese recipe!

Anonymous said...

"My day"? Fantastic. Thanks for the perspective, Joelle!

Christi said...

Hi Joelle,
It is soup season here too! We love corn chowder and BEB mac n cheese is to die for - you'll really enjoy it! I'm so glad that you've found a group of women you enjoy. Hope your Tuesday is doing well.