photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

1.05.2011

Today I feel...annoyed.

I'm annoyed today. But that really isn't anything new, as annoyance is my constant companion. I presume some would consider my incessant irritability as a flaw. I would regard it rather as the ability to realize how society could properly function if people weren't so dumb.*

*I wouldn't consider that statement a lie completely. It's more of a justification.

Going back to the whole "people are dumb concept," maybe that should be my mission in life: to educate others on how their disfunction impedes our society's progress.

So, here are the things that annoy me today.

Disclaimer: This is not meant to offend anyone. I am well aware that my own actions might be considered to be exceptionally irritating as well, moreso than anything on this list. Like my incurable tardiness when it comes to sending thank you notes. Or the fact that I'm actually writing this post.

1. Trendy baby names.

I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Brody. Reagan. Anything ending in -den {i.e. Hayden, Jayden, Aiden, Braiden, Caiden}. Isabella {seriously people? Naming your daughter Bella does not mean she is going to fall in love with a vampire and have creepy half-breed babies}.

Let's see how much your child appreciates their name when 25% of their classmates share it.

Oh, and if you do name your kid something generic, spelling it differently doesn't make it original. Like spelling Bailey, Baileigh. Or Matthew with one T.  Just don't do it.

2. When people call me Joel-lee.

Since when does an e after double consonants indicate a long vowel? It's really not that difficult people. Just think for a second before blurting something random out. If you saw the name "Noelle," how would you pronounce it? See? Easy-peasy.

3. Stupid drivers.

I'm one of those drivers that's tailgating you if you're going the speed limit. And I'll honk at you if you wait more than a few seconds to go when the light turns green. My behavior might be considered just as annoying to you as your's is to me, but think about this for a second: I drive 40 miles to work and 40 miles from work. I spend, on average, 2 hours out of my day driving so that I can sit in a cubicle for eight hours. Why would I want to spend any more time on the road than I have to?

4. Wives that call their husband, hubs. Or hubby.

It's okay every once in a while, but please don't make it their nickname. I have a feeling they find it just as annoying as I do. And you're not being original when you do it, considering every wife in the blogosphere does it too.

That's the end of my list {for today, anyway}. I could make a list of a thousand things that annoy me, but I don't want to lose any more followers than I already have.

I promise though, I love you all. And if you are guilty of something here, it doesn't mean I hate you. It just means that I've now made you a little more aware of how to help better our world.

Much love,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are fantastic and I'm sooo glad I'm not the only one that's bothered by these things. And seriously, I VOW to never call Mitch "hubby" if/when we get married. NEVER. I hate it so much. Thanks for including that one on your list, haha. :)

Alisha said...

Thanks for making me smile and laugh out loud. I too, drive 54 miles to and from work; I tailgate like there's no tomorrow; and I hate the nickname hubs!!

Have a lovely day friend! :)

beka said...

The first time I heard/read the nickname hubby, I nearly gagged. And almost pitched a fit. It's so weird!!
But. I've read it so much that I have indeed used it a few times in my life, much to my dismay......
I'm learning how to practice self control and I'm not perfect at it yet..... :D

Bree said...

Ha I had a laugh at these too. People always seem to mispronounce my name (Breanne) and they put an 'A' on the end...I don't know about you, but I see an 'E' not an 'A' !

Lex said...

lol! I'm now subscribed to your blog. I also linked you in my blogroll. Love it!

http://textoflex.wordpress.com/

Sarah said...

haha awesome. i thoroughly enjoyed this post!

Kaitlyn Thatcher said...

Girl I feel you on the weird baby names!! I just don't understand...especially spelling totally normal names and off the wall ways.

Melbourne on my Mind said...

The government down here has just introduced a paid parental leave scheme for everyone, and your kid had to be born on Jan 1st or later for you to be eligible. There was an article in the newspaper featuring two women, one who missed out and one who didn't.

The one who missed out named her daughter Chilli. (SERIOUSLY???) The other one named her daughter Emilee Taylah. Ughhhhhhhh...

Lindsay said...

you'll be happy to know that whenever we do come up with a name for this next baby it will most certainly not be on the list of most popular names.:)

Unknown said...

Chilli? Are they trying to channel TLC? Sorry, but that's so 90s...

{If you missed it, that was my lame attempt at a joke. Didn't work? Yeah, I didn't think so either...}