photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

1.21.2011

Love is in the Air

Christmas is over, which means that the next coming holiday is Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day isn't really that big of a deal for me. Last year, in fact, was the first year that my husband, then fiance, and I spent the holiday together in four years. This never bothered me. I like to think that we celebrate our love everyday and not just on February 14th.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Valentine's Day this year because it gives me an excuse to decorate! If you wonder where I get my enthusiasm for decorating for the holidays, you can blame my mom. To her, every holiday deserves some type of decoration. More specifically, every holiday deserves some type of hanging decoration, i.e. snowflakes for Christmas, hearts for Valentine's Day, bats for Halloween...you get the picture. Funny story: when my husband and I first started seeing each other, it was around Easter and my mom had hung Easter eggs from the ceiling. Needless to say, he thought he was going crazy.

Anyway, don't you think these are the cutest Valentine's Day decorations?

 
 
{clicking on any of the pictures above will take you to the respective Etsy store}

I'm kind of tired of decorating with red since Christmas was less than a month ago, so I think I might need a pink color scheme {are you really surprised??}. I think these flowers would be a lovely addition to our table as well:


I'm really loving peonies these days...

And, even if I don't buy anything this year to decorate {since the funds might be lacking...}, I swear I'm going to make this wreathe, from Sew Much Ado:

{click on the picture for a tutorial}

Do all of you decorate for all holidays, or just the major ones? Even though my husband and I have been living in our little apartment for almost a year now, the novelty of decorating my own space hasn't worn off yet. 

Thanks for listening, and don't forget to enter my giveaway! It ends tonight. If you're on Twitter, follow me and tweet about the giveaway for an additional entry!

Love,

9 comments:

Megan said...

I would totally decorate if I felt like this house was ours...and if we had the extra funds to do so..

I LOVE peonies right now too!! I told my husband I was really loving peonies..his response was... you love panties?

men..

Unknown said...

Ha. Panties...

I feel like my husband would say the same thing.

Randa said...

I love that last wreath - thank you for linking to the tutorial!

My fiance and I don't really celebrate Valentine's day - we've got out a couple of times but like you, we try to celebrate EVERYday, not just on Feb. 14.

beka said...

At first I thought that was your house and deco in those pictures. SO cute!
haha:)
Aww, it's been years since we've decorated for valentines Day. I have some vague memories. :)

Unknown said...

Ah, I wish that were my house haha

Karena said...

Adorable Joelle! I really love the pillow!

to brighten your day....

Come and join my Gorgeous Giveaway from Blydesign!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

CarrieJo said...

everything is so cute!

Alida Sharp said...

I love those decorations... I have to see if I can find anything like that here in Belize to brighten up our home with this year.


Just started following you and have been poking around older posts!!

joy & blessings,
Alida

Ebony said...

Hi there Joelle, I am a new follower to your blog, so I just wanted to drop by and introduce myself, and I am looking forward to reading through your entries - hopefully tonight, with a nice glass of wine in hand, to end the weekend :)
Greetings from Australia!

Ebony
http://miaedensmummy.blogspot.com