photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

1.07.2011

Friday = Happy Hour

My husband has decided that he wants to be a bartender. For the past three weeks he's been watching videos on YouTube, learning how to make drinks. And in the process our liquor cabinet shelf has become quite full.



Anyway, after going out for Mexican food for dinner, I decided that I needed another margarita when we got home. And he delivered {of course}. Now, this isn't any margarita. It's a very delicious margarita and now I'm going to give you the recipe.

1 1/2 oz. Tequila
3/4 oz. Cointreau
3/4 oz. Lime Juice
A splash of cranberry

Shake and serve on the rocks. You can add salt if you want. If you're like me, you hate the taste of salt when it gets into your margarita and will refrain from the urge to put it on the rim. 


{That's not my drink from tonight. But I imagine that's what my drink might look like if I had cute mason jars and perfectly sliced lemons to add as garnish}

Happy Friday, friends. I hope you all had a wonderful happy hour evening as well.

Much love,

12 comments:

Tara said...

OOOH, that sounds delicious! I, as well, HATE the taste of salt in my margarita.

Anonymous said...

Nothing like an awesome man who can make you awesome drinks! I hope you get to keep enjoying delicious drink experiments as a result of your husband's new aspiration! :)

Lindsay said...

my hubby is the same way he's always googling crazy drinks to make then going out and buying totally random types of alcohol that we use once then never again. that margarita sounds really good though!

Megan said...

my husband was a bartender for two years before we moved to England...needless to say, when we throw parties, we are never without some yummy cocktails.

Erin said...

You're a lucky woman- my husband "bartends" with no bartending knowledge so we've tried some very "interesting" concoctions.. he also tries this in the kitchen at times when cooking dinner. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

YUM.

Mrs. Lisa Douglas said...

That looks wonderful! And I HATE salt with my margarita. It seems hard to explaine to the waitress at our local Mexican place. Im sure she thinks Im crazy.
Stopped in from Lady Bloggers and I love the name of your blog.

CarrieJo said...

mmmm...i must make one tonight!!!! :) funny that your husband is doing that at this time because my husband has decided he wants to start drinking wine so he has been in to that lately! i love it! :)

*Nikki* said...

stopping by from LBS..love your blog design!!

westcoastsoul said...

Hehe how handy to have a bartending hubby!

Unknown said...

As little as I drink that looks pretty good!

Found you at the tea party, love your layout!

Sarah said...

sounds delish. i want one now...at 11:30 on a wednesday morning.