photo Charming_zps24b0f6e3.png

1.06.2011

A Stylish Award

I've never gotten a blog award before, so this so exciting! Thank you so much Megan from Across the Pond. You are just too sweet!
There are four duties to perform to accept this award:

1.  Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2.  Share 7 things about yourself
3.  Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4.  Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

Seven things about myself:
  1. I have {well, my family has} a chihuahua. But he doesn't look like a chihuahua. And his name is Geek. 
  2. I have an irrational fear of the dark, sharks, and the puppet from the Saw movies. 
  3. In four years at college, I had seventeen roommates. I currently talk to only three of them. 
  4. If I could only eat one fast food for the rest of my life, it would be Del Taco. 
  5. My favorite ride at Disneyland is Space Mountain. 
  6. I am a writer. I'm a technical writer, blogger, and creative novelist. I want to spend the rest of my life writing.
  7. Each of my grandparents grew up speaking a different language: Swedish, English, Tagalog, and Spanish.
And now, here are fifteen blogs that I've recently come to love and that I know you will too {in no particular order}:

Goodnight all.

9 comments:

Adrian {Happy girl} said...

Congrats on the cool award! What does the family chihuahua actually look like, if not the breed it is? I am so intrigued! With technical writing, do you find it interesting, or are you writing programing instructions for microwaves or something?

Megan said...

I laughed out loud at number 3 and 4...mainly because

a. I had one roommate in my life...and we don't speak anymore.

and

b. the first few months my husband and I were dating we became addicted to del taco and had it every day for months....i'm surprised we didnt keel over from a clogged artery.

You are most welcome for the award! You deserve it! I LOVE your blog and your no BS attitude. it is refreshing.

beka said...

Congrats on the award, dear:)

French Lover said...

Merci for the award Joelle !

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

Congrats on the award!!! I love the little facts you listed.. Space mountain def made me CRY when I rode it when I was little...epic fail. Thanks for the shoutout too :) xoxox jcd

Unknown said...

Thanks all for the congrats!

Adrian - I'll post a picture of my non-chihuahua dog. He's big, and a little fat.

And I basically write instructions on how to use real estate software. It's enthralling.

{I wish there was a special font I could use for sarcasm}.

Hannah said...

YAY Joelle! You've totally earned this--your blog is adorable. =) And thank you for thinking of me!! I am humbled // blush //

Anonymous said...

You are too cute, and THANKS for the award! You just made my weekend, lady! :)

Kristen said...

thank you for this! looking forward to following along :)